Sansa Lineout Docks Starting to Appear?
Sep 4, 2008 at 9:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Mr_Junesequa

500+ Head-Fier
Its only a matter of time now

AV TV VIDEO AUDIO CABLE FOR SANSA VIEW E280 E270 E260 - eBay (item 180245416714 end time May-21-08 20:22:06 PDT)

wanna make one yourself???

welll

pin 3 & 4 need connected or 'bridged', this makes the device think it's docked

Pin 8 needs to go high, which on the dock a 47k resistor brings the 5v down to 3v. On the C240, I have found pin 21 and 22 provide 3v. So pin 8 is jumped to pin 22 and the device (w/ Sansa Firmware) connects the audio channel on the dock/ muting the headphone channel.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Audio is provided through Pin 27 & 28 with Pin 30 being the dedicated audio ground.

The above info isnt verified yet ok! Its the latest info only.

Sep 4, 2008 at 12:24 PM Post #2 of 20
The Sansa Clip doesn't have that type of connection.

Sep 4, 2008 at 1:54 PM Post #7 of 20
The sound out of the clip amazes me,especially through good iems. The only reason i can see somebody amping this thing for is if they like the "colouration" of the music certain amps give when paired with certain iems. It's all about the synergy i guess. Personally i don't use an amp with this player, i think at the moment it is the closest to perfection you can get from any player of it's size and function.

Sep 4, 2008 at 6:34 PM Post #8 of 20
If I'm not mistaken then the Clip is using a similar chip (Sigmatel) to the 1st gen shuffle. Something about "push-pull" technology. If that's true, it wouldn't be a good idea to amp the clip anyway..

Can someone concur?

Sep 4, 2008 at 8:16 PM Post #10 of 20
Oh that's good to know. I was sure the Sansa Express and the Clip uses the same chip.
All this time I've been reading ppl here praising the Clip SQ and thought that same goes to the Express that I own.

Another reason to by the Clip I guess. Dam' it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 4, 2008 at 8:38 PM Post #12 of 20
It makes no sense why the DAP makers don't provide line-out functionality with the USB port. I'd certainly like to see some updates with a great many of the various brands doing the line-out thing. I'm perfectly satisfied with the HP as line-out but having an option is always appealing.

Sep 5, 2008 at 12:16 AM Post #13 of 20
Amended the title. As per my online research abip best site so far, a line out has been found for sansa players ( used the clip title as its the most popular). using the sansa firmware, bypassing the hp out and acting as if the player was docked. had no idea the clip only had a usb out...damn!

the aftermarket griffin/sansa docks seem to provide an external power source...

Sep 6, 2008 at 1:44 PM Post #14 of 20
I picked up a couple of Sansa docks from Griffin - they dropped the price from $40 to $15. When I ordered them, I saw a little notice that they were discontinuing the product.
eek.gif
Get 'em while you can!

Sep 6, 2008 at 3:00 PM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by EEXO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe he meant the Sansa Fuze

On the Sansa forum the developers confirmed that the Fuze differs from the rest of the Sandisk players, because you need to connect 3.3v to one of the pins for the line-out to be enabled (on the rest of the players this pin needs to be grounded), and that's why there's no line-out cable for the Fuze and you need a powered docking station.
The line-out could be enabled manually, but it's up to Sandisk whether they'll include it in the firmware or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back