Sansa Fuze's diyLOD (v1 + v2) Guide [56k!!!]
Sep 7, 2009 at 4:23 PM Post #16 of 24
you can rockbox the fuze? sorry but is there a link or a thread somewhere on head-fi on how to do this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by X-Dan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just a question. Has anyone tested if the LOD is working correctly with a rockboxed fuze or not?

Sep 8, 2009 at 12:57 AM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by X-Dan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just a question. Has anyone tested if the LOD is working correctly with a rockboxed fuze or not?

Rockbox has not enabled line-out as of yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bik2101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you can rockbox the fuze? sorry but is there a link or a thread somewhere on head-fi on how to do this?

See here:

Sansa e200v2 and Sansa Fuze v1: Test builds

May 20, 2010 at 7:29 PM Post #20 of 24
What does this LOD bypass?  How is sound improved?  Is it just bypassing the internal cap, is that the reasons for the electrolytics?

May 21, 2010 at 4:06 AM Post #21 of 24
There is a separate signal path for the line out, which starts at with a separate output from the chip.  There are no caps internal to the Fuze, which allows you to tap the signal without degradation by SMD caps.  The reason for the caps is to create a high-pass filter that will remove the DC offset produced by the line out amp.

The HPO path uses either phantom ground or caps in the output path, and the amp has been optimized for headphone loads.  You can search this site for opinions on how the sound improves from the line out.  Posts are peppered throughout, and there is an audition the Fuze thread with opinions from people that have heard a custom Fuze LOD (and one other person that has not).

Jun 24, 2015 at 5:33 AM Post #23 of 24
does anybody here still got such a cable and does not use it anymore?
i would like to connect my fuze to a zigis cMoy via LO but these cables are out of production and i can´t find any to buy...

kind regards,

c. 

Feb 20, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #24 of 24

confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back