Sansa Fuze vs Ipod Nano
Mar 30, 2008 at 7:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

koop

Head-Fier
I realize the sansa fuze is brand new, but if any of you have any experience with it, how do you feel it fairs against the nano.. I'm looking for a relatively small flash player for active use.

I'm more concerned with the SQ, and since the fuze is supposed to sound identical to the clip i figured it would be the clear winner over the nano. However i find apple products very appealing (sorry) and its super thin with a nicer screen and interface.

If the SQ is really that much better than the nano, its an easy purchase for me. Less expensive with a microSD card just seems to good to be true however. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

My choices aren't necessarily limited to these two products either. From what ive read they seem to be on top compared to others. The iaudio 7 is a bit to thick for my liking.

Mar 30, 2008 at 10:00 AM Post #2 of 10
the fuze (not heard it yet) should have a better time playing nice with iems and canalphones than the nano as far as bass and s/n ratio. probably for larger phones it should be a rather similar fight.

i have the nano and it is great - long battery life (usually around 30+) and gapless for those concerts, trance programs and cds etc.

both are great - if fuze ever got rockbox, i would probably find a way to move it into my house, but i am more interested in gapless and aac support than a slightly better amp for small headphones.

Mar 30, 2008 at 1:36 PM Post #3 of 10
If it really sounds like the Clip, which ABi has said it does, then I think the advantage in sound quality is significant. That, combined with the fact it costs much less, and is expandable (up to 32GB with a single card in the future, so one day you can have a little 40GB flash player), would make it the easy choice for me. ABi also said that the controls and firmware have improved over previous Sansa models.

Mar 30, 2008 at 4:19 PM Post #4 of 10
I'm very interested in the Fuze. It has many things I want into a flash player: good sound reproduction, expandable flash memory, at least decent GUI.
What's the output power?
I wish it had a lineout.

Mar 31, 2008 at 4:03 AM Post #7 of 10
I think I'm confused with what you guys means by line out? Are you referring to line out, as an a headhone jack, or the usb port, or what? I think I'm a little confused, when I think of line out I think of the line out from an iPod, but how does the Sansa and other players have them?

Mar 31, 2008 at 5:11 AM Post #8 of 10
im an extreme noob.. but from what ive read line out is the daps way of bypassing the eq and the attenuator. This would mainly be used for amps since ur headphones are plugged into the amp instead of directly into the dap.

ive seen people just use midi cables to connect their amps and ive also seen people use the proprietary connector used for charging and syncing with the PC. not sure what the benefits of both are however.

Mar 31, 2008 at 6:25 AM Post #9 of 10
Oh ok, then I'm thinking of the right thing. The line out from the iPod (the plug that connects to the bottom of the iPod) is supposed to sound a lot better than the output from the headphone jack. I don't have to proper amp for one (lack of volume knob), but I plan to acquire one someday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back