Sansa Fuze vs. Clip
May 7, 2008 at 11:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

tracyrick

100+ Head-Fier
Was looking at the Clip, but then saw the Fuze. The Fuze looks just slightly bigger than the Clip but much more capacity potential. Anyone have the Fuze yet that can comment on SQ? Also I want to clip it to my shirt for the gym. Can I do that with the Fuze or should I stick with the Clip?

May 7, 2008 at 11:33 PM Post #2 of 7
They sound exactly the same to me, and I'm not alone on that. The Fuze doesn't have a clip attachment like the Clip, but you can probably buy a case with a clip for it.

May 20, 2008 at 10:40 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by HipHopScribe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They sound exactly the same to me, and I'm not alone on that. The Fuze doesn't have a clip attachment like the Clip, but you can probably buy a case with a clip for it.

Exactly!
fuze- you are slightly wrong about that. They do not sound the same because it is made by the same company, but because it uses the same sound chip as the Clip does. In fact, SanDisk has made some lower quality(sound wise) DAPs in the past.

May 20, 2008 at 3:33 PM Post #6 of 7
I have both players. I don't notice any difference in sound quality either (though my earphones aren't that great to start with). If you are more interested in portability, get the Clip. If you want expandable memory, get the Fuze. Also, the Clip just got a firmware update that added Ogg Vorbis support along with a bunch of other enhancements, so if that's your thing, the Clip is the way to go.

May 21, 2008 at 10:09 PM Post #7 of 7
I have a Fuze, and two of my boys have Clips. They all sound excellent (to be sure), but I find the Fuze to sound a bit "warmer" for some reason than the Clip. I can't really explain it, and I know they use the same chip set - but I CAN hear a difference with my very nice IEMs.

The Fuze doesn't come with a clip. Pick the one that meets your needs. They're both wonderful sounding players. You really can't go wrong here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back