Sansa Fuze still relevant?
Nov 8, 2018 at 3:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

BucketInABucket

Headphoneus Supremus
Dug out my old Fuze from storage and it doesn't sound half bad. How does it compare to more modern options though? I wonder if it's still relevant.

Nov 12, 2018 at 10:21 AM Post #3 of 5
Alright, I'll continue to use it in situations where I can't bring around my more expensive DAP :)

Nov 13, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #4 of 5
Have you replaced the battery in the Fuze? If not, battery capacity is likely to be low just due to the age of the battery. The Fuze is good due to rockbox, however it is not so simple to change the battery, so I got rid of mine years ago while its battery still worked well. I have two Clip+ players that work except that the battery doesn't hold much power. It is a pity that there isn't a service to change the battery cheaply. would anyone buy them? I wouldn't expect much for them, but don't have the heart to throw them in the trash. Yes, they could be used hooked up to an external usb battery, but it would be annoying to use them that way.

Nov 13, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #5 of 5
Have you replaced the battery in the Fuze? If not, battery capacity is likely to be low just due to the age of the battery. The Fuze is good due to rockbox, however it is not so simple to change the battery, so I got rid of mine years ago while its battery still worked well. I have two Clip+ players that work except that the battery doesn't hold much power. It is a pity that there isn't a service to change the battery cheaply. would anyone buy them? I wouldn't expect much for them, but don't have the heart to throw them in the trash. Yes, they could be used hooked up to an external usb battery, but it would be annoying to use them that way.
Haven't changed it yet, but it's something I plan to find out how to do eventually.

I actually used alcohol to get rid of the soft touch finish and expose the metal too as it was horribly sticky from being in storage for a few months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back