Sansa Fuze sleep and power saver...
Nov 14, 2009 at 4:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

GN85

100+ Head-Fier
When I go to the system settings, I have the following options:

Power Saver > Shut down in _ _ mins
Sleep > Shut down in _ _ mins

Does anyone know what's the difference between these two options, and what they do exactly?

I sometimes forget my MP3 player on, and find the battery drained the next day. I'm thinking one of these options could help me prevent this, but I've been messing around with these settings, and couldn't figure out what they do exactly.

Nov 14, 2009 at 2:27 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by GN85 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah thanks, that makes sense.

So does the sleep function start counting the time that it's set to after the player it turned ON?

If you set it for 5mins,It will sleep 5mins after music stops or last button push.

Nov 14, 2009 at 3:53 PM Post #5 of 7
A good example of using the sleep function is you decide you like to listen to some music/audiobook/radio and you figure you will be asleep in 30 minutes. You set the sleep timer for 30 minutes. The player begins the countdown and 30 minutes later it turns the player off.

Now if your music/audiobook ends before the 30-minute sleep function completes and your power saver is set to something like 5 minutes, the latter may trump the former. This scenario I've not tested so you can let us know how it works.
wink.gif

Nov 14, 2009 at 6:54 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRockies /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now if your music/audiobook ends before the 30-minute sleep function completes and your power saver is set to something like 5 minutes, the latter may trump the former. This scenario I've not tested so you can let us know how it works.
wink.gif

That is indeed how it works. Also, the sleep works independently of button pushes, so if you set it to two hours, it'll turn your Fuze off in two hours, regardless of how many buttons you pushed since you activated sleep. (unless you push the buttons to deactivate sleep...
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Nov 16, 2009 at 3:08 PM Post #7 of 7
If it's the same as the Clip, there are 3 entries. Sleep (see above), Power, and Display. Display is the time before the display dims to save battery. Power is the time before it shuts off when nothing is playing. I have Power set to 10 minutes but display set to 15 seconds. That way when I need to pause it to tend to business, it saves on battery but I don't have to power it on again when I come back if I am only gone a few minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back