Sansa Fuze Rockbox - MicroSD not detected
Jan 7, 2011 at 11:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

blitz-dice

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys I just finished rockboxing my sansa fuzev 02.03.33p, everything seems fine but it wont detect my 8GB sandisk microSD card
frown.gif
Is there any way to resolve this? thanks head-fi
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 7, 2011 at 11:44 AM Post #2 of 8
Try this:  start the Fuze in the Sansa software (hold Prev  << button whle turning on power) with the microSD installed.  If the Sansa software sees music on the microSD, then turn it off and power back on to Rockbox -- Rockbox should see it.  If the Sansa software can't see it either, there might be something wrong with that chip.

Also make sure you have these settings turned on in Rockbox: Main Menu -> Settings ->General Settings -> Database -> Load to RAM -> Yes, and Auto Update -> Yes.

Jan 7, 2011 at 11:54 AM Post #3 of 8
It was recognized on the original sansa boot up... i followed your directions but still the microsd is not recognized... it states in the Rockbox Info as MSD: Not Present... what seems to be the problem? Thanks
biggrin.gif

Jan 7, 2011 at 12:04 PM Post #4 of 8
Jan 7, 2011 at 12:34 PM Post #5 of 8
Regarding the older build, should I download the older firmware as to "downgrade" the fuze?

Jan 7, 2011 at 12:41 PM Post #6 of 8
TBH, I'm not sure how to get older RB builds -- I know there is a way, tho.  You probably need to start investigating to the RB.org forum, in the Fuze section.  Someone there can point you to the location of older builds to see if that will help.  Good luck.

Jan 7, 2011 at 9:39 PM Post #7 of 8
thanks for your help
biggrin.gif

Jan 8, 2011 at 12:43 AM Post #8 of 8
Hi guys, I'm an absolute newbie ( as far as posting this site). I just bought a new Sansa FuzeV2 to go with those beautiful Triple-fi10s I also just bought. I have been able through Media Monkey to transfer FLAC files directly to the player without rockbox, but I'm considering adding it to the Fuze anyway b/c I want to be able to add skins and have more operating freedom. The thing is, having visited the site a coupla times, both times I was told to download some Sansa Original Source File and being a bit shy about this whole operation I just wasn't sure I wanted to continue, plus I wasn't sure what I actually downloaded was the OSF. I guess the guys there expect you to be some kinda power user which I'm not really.
So, guys (and gals), can someone take me by the hand and explain what I need to do?
By the way, I downloaded the dbPowerAmp CD Ripper, after having tried about 4 other ones, some of which were recommended on this site. Now this is surely the one to get for anyone having trouble ripping cds and getting cover art. They made it so easy with the trial software that I fully intend to buy the Reference one for $38 for one user. I'm so impressed with the software and they have their own Forum.  I had problems getting art covers and just editing the classical cds I buy and this software was so straightforward and intuitive that I thought I'd mention it here in appreciation. Also, it is thanks to Head-fi, because someone on this Forum recommmended it in the 1st place, so thanks, all!
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back