Sansa fuze problems: headphone jack, scrolling wheel and outer paint
Jan 23, 2012 at 10:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jhelsas

100+ Head-Fier
I have my sansa fuze for about 6 months, and I thought that i've found the player of my dreams, but now I'm not so certain.

About 3 months ago it started to present problems in the scrolling wheel, in the beggining nothing serious, but after sometime it started to grow worse and now it only works when it wants. ALL other buttons work absolutely fine, no problems.

Since the begining it showed a very fragile surface, it scratched the display in the first month, and after the third the paint started to go out.

Sometime between the 4th and the 5th month, the headphone jack started to show problems, and now the left earphone simply doesn't work unless I get it completely motionless on a ideal position, which isn't with the conector all the way into the jack. Any kind of motion get the left channel dead, and so, make it useless since it is a PORTABLE player.

I love both the SQ, the Flac playback and the linux compatibility, but unless this issues are solved, I don't know what to do.

Anyone had any of these problems or know if anyone who had them?

Any sugestion or idea is more than welcome.

If it's only me, I would be considering the possibility of buying a second fuze, but I don't want to drop another US$ 80 just to get a brick in 6 months.

Feb 7, 2012 at 3:52 PM Post #5 of 6
I have the same problem with the headphone jack.  I bought new earbuds and thought it fixed the problem but it came back worse in a couple of weeks.  I keep mine in the rubber case that came with it, so no problems with damage to the body.

UpRider

Mar 2, 2012 at 8:57 AM Post #6 of 6
Bought a new sansa fuze 8gb, silver color this time, with a acrylic protection with it :D (no mor scratches or paint going out)

An interesting thing is that when I received my first sansa fuze, the light ring around the wheel didn't lit all the way around, it was more like 3/4 of the wheel lit. After that, sometimes it would lit it all, and sometimes just 1/4, i thought that it was the behaviour of the sansa. With ths new sansa the scroll wheel is allways lit, so, as far as I can say, my original fuze already came with somekind of problem, that only got worse with time.

Right now, the only thing I could wish was for a 32 GB micro-sd card instead of my 16 GB(and also find where the H**** i put my fiio L6 lod cable for fuze), otherwise, I'm in heaven. Hope it last more time that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back