Sansa Fuze got stolen, looking for replacement
Nov 19, 2010 at 7:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

DJDestroid

New Head-Fier
I want to replace the Fuze with something slightly better though still cheap, so it doesn't feel like money completely wasted. I was thinking of getting the 8 gig model - but the new Fuzes aren't rockbox compatible. This is a concern for me.

I did like the Fuze, though one feature I would have preferred would have been some kind of "virtual surround" feature or what have you. Some albums I listen to, like the Doors stuff, has terrible hard panning. I'd rather listen in mono, but ideally some way of controlling the mixing of the channels would be nice.

I was also considering getting a new smartphone, if there's any of those that are particularly good for mp3. I'd like something with Android on it, ideally, that supports flash. I don't really know much about phones though.

What should I get? I don't want to spend a lot of money. I notice the 4 gig Fuzes seem to go for next to nothing on eBay these days.

Nov 19, 2010 at 10:08 AM Post #2 of 8
If you get the previous generation fuze, you can install rockbox and control the stereo image. You can expand the stereo image or collapse the stereo image (for a crossfeed effect). They is also a crossfeed feature, but I do not use it. I use the stereo feature for crossfeed.

Nov 19, 2010 at 12:06 PM Post #4 of 8
I bought a V2 Fuze 8GB about 2 months ago, and have successfully installed the latest Rockbox build with no problems.  I also have an 8GB microSDHC added, but 16GB micro cards can be found on Amazon.com for under $30.  8GB Fuze + 16GB card = just a little over $100 on Amazon.com.

Nov 20, 2010 at 8:09 PM Post #8 of 8
Why not just get another Fuze?, the player is good, and ROCKbox makes it even better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back