Sansa Fuze gets FLAC and Ogg Vorbis support (Also, Sansa Clip gets FLAC)
Oct 4, 2008 at 3:32 AM Post #7 of 15
deleted

Oct 4, 2008 at 11:12 PM Post #10 of 15
I now have my Fuze updated and am running OGG@500 on it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Unfortunately, I can no longer use my Griffin dock to listen to Line Out music because when plugged into power it tries to connect and overrides the music playing.
frown.gif

Oct 5, 2008 at 5:11 AM Post #11 of 15
Excellent news!

Since it hasn't been posted in this thread yet, here are the Sansa Community forum links to the newest versions of the Clip firmware.

If you have a version 1 Clip with firmware 1.xx.xx, go here:
Sansa Clip Firmware For Hardware Revision 1.0 - Sansa Clip - Welcome to SanDisk's Sansa Community

If you have a version 2 Clip with firmware 2.xx.xx, go here:
Sansa Clip Firmware For Hardware Revision 2.0 - Sansa Clip - Welcome to SanDisk's Sansa Community

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoomzDayz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what is this clip hw version 2 business?

I am not sure. It seems that the internals may be different, but there is no visual confirmation. I wonder if the new version 2 hardware has anything to do with the black 4GB models and the new 8GB Clips that will be released soon.

Frankly, I'm not too concerned about the hardware revision as long as it doesn't negatively affect the sound quality, ease of use, or reliability.

Oct 5, 2008 at 5:23 PM Post #14 of 15
The volume seems to be LOWER after I updated my Fuze - my PX100's needed to be pumped for sufficient volume through the HP out. The EQ sounds clean w/no distortion though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back