Sansa Fuze FLAC issue
Oct 11, 2008 at 3:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

PhoxHound

100+ Head-Fier
I'm posting this here because I think someone here will have a definite answer.

I installed the new firmware for my Sansa Fuze allowing it to play FLAC files. I then proceeded to put all my FLAC files onto my Fuze and do the logical, attempt to listen to them. I was in for a sore disappointment however. Only about ten of my files (which are no different than the rest of my files) will play. The ones that will actually work seem to have been chosen totally arbitrarily. Of the 150 songs on there as of now, I'd say 120-130 of them will not play. I can't figure out what's going on. They're all exactly the same FLAC, not copyright protected, they're even in the same folder on my computer!

Oct 11, 2008 at 4:13 PM Post #2 of 7
Hmmm... maybe some are in Ogg Container and some are native FLAC files? Another thing might be that the Player maybe doesn't like spaces or special characters in the filename. Or maybe there is a limit on the length of the filename?
Sadly I don't have a Fuze to check it out.

Oct 11, 2008 at 6:27 PM Post #4 of 7
Do a barrel roll.

No, but really, if worst comes to worst, you'll just have to spend a couple weeks re-converting 150 songs without Ogg Container and giving them simple file names.

Of course, I know nothing about FLAC. By the way, if I were to rip a CD into FLAC, would the song/artist/album info instantly be displayed, or would I have to mess around with the file name?

Oct 14, 2008 at 8:30 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by i_don't_know /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Of course, I know nothing about FLAC. By the way, if I were to rip a CD into FLAC, would the song/artist/album info instantly be displayed, or would I have to mess around with the file name?

Yes, it is all part of the tag...
L3000.gif

To the OP, I have tried a large variety of FLAC files on my Fuze and haven't had any issues at all.. Sorry, I know it isn't of much help, but is it something specific about your files maybe?

-Robert

Nov 20, 2008 at 3:44 AM Post #6 of 7
I had a similar problem and fixed it by downloading the Sansa updater software and updating the Firmware (my Fuze is 2 days old and already needed a firmware upgrade!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back