Sansa Fuze 8gb organization issue
Oct 11, 2010 at 9:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Mr Pink57

100+ Head-Fier
Been a long time since I've been on Head-Fi....

Well I use Media Monkey to convert everything to FLAC from CD then have a second set go to OGG for my Fuze.  Well when I look at the folders and files on my Fuze it all looks in order, however when I go to play them things seem to be all over the place.  An example:

Fugazi > 13 Songs > Waiting that is what I see in the folder view on my computer
3 > .... this is what I see on my player.

Any insight?  Have used the wrong tagging?

Oct 12, 2010 at 9:42 AM Post #2 of 7

Quote:
Been a long time since I've been on Head-Fi....

Well I use Media Monkey to convert everything to FLAC from CD then have a second set go to OGG for my Fuze.  Well when I look at the folders and files on my Fuze it all looks in order, however when I go to play them things seem to be all over the place.  An example:

Fugazi > 13 Songs > Waiting that is what I see in the folder view on my computer
3 > .... this is what I see on my player.

Any insight?  Have used the wrong tagging?

Have you tried auto-tag by filename and synchronizing tags?

Oct 14, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #3 of 7
99% sure that is because of bad tags. Examine your audio metadata with a program to see what's up. I'm mostly a linux user, but I guess winamp can help you with that job.

If you can't find out what's happening, send me one of those messy ogg files and I'll try to examine it.

Oct 14, 2010 at 10:10 PM Post #4 of 7
I am a Arch Linux user actually.  I just rip my music to my desktop which has better hardware in the first place and a larger hard drive storage.

Oct 15, 2010 at 11:12 AM Post #5 of 7
You could use EasyTAG with your Arch computer, for checking or updating your tags, it can search for tags manually or automatically with CDDB.

Oct 15, 2010 at 11:56 AM Post #6 of 7
EasyTag is a nice program, but I had troubles with the tags inserted by it: I sent a file to sansafix (at sandisk support forums) and he found some metadata out of the standard in track numbers or disc number in some flac examples I gave to him. Anyway he updated sandisk's official firmware to support this situation (I should check sansa fuze forums for more info, this was a few months ago and I don't remember the exact details). Anyway you can use metaflac to check the file info.

Oct 15, 2010 at 1:14 PM Post #7 of 7
I didn't notice any problems, in my settings Easytag write both, flac tags and ID3 tags in flac files, and my Fuze is running Rockbox.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back