Sansa Fuze 8Gb freezes constantly
Apr 29, 2010 at 2:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

kunalraiker

Headphoneus Supremus
I've got this problem where my Fuze turns to this white screen everytime I insert my 16gb micro sd card, I've tried formatting the micro sd card, didn't help.
The Card worked fine for about 6 months now.

The card is definitely working fine, but when the player refreshes media when the card is inserted,it turns white.
Therefore I can olny use the native 8 gb witheout the external card.

I haven't rockboxed it as it isn't V1.

Could you guys suggest something.

Apr 29, 2010 at 9:06 PM Post #3 of 10
Try reformatting the card using the Panasonic Memory Card Formatting software:

SD Memory Card Formatting Software | SD Memory Card | Digital AV | Consumer Products | Support | Panasonic Global

I managed to salvage an 8GB microSD card that was seemingly unformattable. I was originally using it with another of the same 8GB card in a Memory Stick Pro Duo adapter in my PSP. The adapter acts like a little RAID array, and somehow one card got fragged and the other kept thinking it was 16GB! I used the software above using a spare SD adapter and it formatted perfectly when using the default Windows format couldn't even format it.

Good luck!

Apr 29, 2010 at 11:36 PM Post #5 of 10
Is the card empty when you insert it into the Fuze? I have had the same problem before with my 16GB View and a 4GB MicroSD card. The View has not had a firmware update since around the time when James Cook came to Australia, but still the basic functions should be the same as the Fuze.
When I got the problem with a white screen, I used to put music on the card and when the player database refreshed, for some reason it did not like one or a few files that I had transferred. If I transferred one album at a time, I could identify the file/album that was causing the white screen. Now I only use the MicroSD card for videos, and I have not had the white screen problem with video files.

You could always look at the official Sansa Fuze forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back