sansa e250 $30! woot.com
Nov 9, 2007 at 2:06 AM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenjchang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey if you rockbox... are you able to boot the regular firmware at any time?

im asking because i would want to RB it, but interested in the fm radio and recording options

I plan to try RockBox on mine too. From what I understand a bootloader is installed which is capable of loading either Rockbox from the hard disk or the original firmware.

Nov 9, 2007 at 7:53 PM Post #18 of 25
I once had the oppertunity to listen to a sansa e2xx. And come on people they sound really fake. No bass no high, bad midrange. Stay away!

Nov 9, 2007 at 11:14 PM Post #19 of 25
They are not the best. iPod sounds better. The highs are a little weak, and the midrange is somewhat colored; however, the coloration is less than would be added to good sound by a Grado SR 80. I'm going to give the little one I picked up as a gift to someone who likes to listen to music but doesn't have a clue about sound quality and thinks a clock radio sounds great. She will love it.

For myself, the ability to download subscription music from Rhapsody is what makes the e200r series special. Unfortunately, none of the other options work as seamlessly with Rhapsody. For detailed critical listening I'll listen to CDs or my rips on my computer. But for sampling lots of stuff and not being shackled to the computer, the e200r is plenty adequate.

Nov 10, 2007 at 4:32 AM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenjchang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey if i rockboxed this thing, and used flac plus and portable amp....

how would that compare to an ipod plus line-out-doc-amp using mp3s?

hmm, i still think the ipod would sound better, many people have a hard time distinguishing vbr mp3 and FLAC

Nov 10, 2007 at 5:02 AM Post #22 of 25
cool find , thanks for sharing
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back