SANSA CLIP
Nov 2, 2007 at 12:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

EsthetiX

1000+ Head-Fier
Review: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archi...lip-review.php

Would those of you who have have had the opportunity to listen to or own a sansa clip say that this statement from the review is accurate?

"SanDisk touts in the press release that the Clip is “…one of the best sounding MP3 players on the market.” I own a majority share of the MP3 players on the market and I would say that statement is pretty accurate."

I just got mine and on first listen it sounds VERY good. My headphones seem much more distinguishable between one another than on my other mp3 players unamped.

I'd like to here peoples opinions of the player here in this thread. Praise & complaint...

Nov 2, 2007 at 5:47 AM Post #2 of 36
I agree . I also have it
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 2, 2007 at 7:29 PM Post #3 of 36
It looks like we're the only 2 people here who have this new nifty little player. I'm really diggin it.

Nov 2, 2007 at 7:51 PM Post #5 of 36
They are cheap ... that's the point. Good sound in a relatively disposable "package." They're not heirlooms to be handed down from generation to generation -- it's a functional item with good sound (if reports are true) at a very reasonable price.

As an owner of more than a few DAPs (including the competing product Creative Zen Stone), I commend Sandisk for adding 1GB and 2GB music players with good sound at an affordable price.

Nov 3, 2007 at 4:45 AM Post #6 of 36
This is what Apple should have done--a low-cost replacement for the iPod shuffle that has a small display to show track name, time-elapsed and battery life indicator.

Nov 3, 2007 at 7:24 AM Post #7 of 36
yes, clips are awesome! 2gb so cheap!

and no hiss at all with my e4c's! ill try them with the e500's soon.

it is a little loud at the lowest volume, but changing the equalizer by 1 at any freq lowers the volume and it is a little better. i put the highest band up 1 by default. note i am on "volume = normal" vs high.

edit: normal vs high is just a limit.

SQ is really crisp, i actually think it sounds better than my m6 but that may because i'm forced to listen to it at a higher volume - and i like listening at the lowest volume i can handle. little on the warm bassy side though, yes compared to m6, both flat with all options off, though this is the first time i'm using e4c's with triflanges with the stem completly cut off. biflanges really are 2/3rds isolation of triflanges, but olive oil is REQUIRED.

only thing i'd like so far is a faster way to fast forward, like ipod or meizu with a % ff, and i guess a cover for the usb slot since it is a clip player and not a pocket player. i do like how rewinding keeps going and goes to the track before's end, which makes it a lot easier for long songs.

hear voice recording quality will go up soon. want file browsing.

Nov 4, 2007 at 6:07 AM Post #8 of 36
I took this running today and I'm in love with it . It seems like a huge steal
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 5, 2007 at 11:46 PM Post #10 of 36
Yah, I'm definitely not returning mine. I woulda paid way more than 60 bucks for it too. I only have a problem with one thing.. The fast forward isnt fast enough for long tracks like lectures and stuff where you need to skip ahead of something you already heard.

Nov 6, 2007 at 12:03 AM Post #11 of 36
^^ Funny, a guy on an Amazon review says "with the progressively increasing FF speed he can get through hours of an MP3 file in like 10 seconds."

Nov 6, 2007 at 1:12 AM Post #12 of 36
I have the pink 2GB on pre-order in the UK for my sister-in-law. I was looking for an idiot-proof one that she'd be able to use easily without getting confused and throwing it in a cupboard. She doesn't know I've ordered it for her, and now people are actually using it - can I ask if it's simple to use for a first-time user? Thanks

Nov 6, 2007 at 2:42 AM Post #13 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by jant71 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^ Funny, a guy on an Amazon review says "with the progressively increasing FF speed he can get through hours of an MP3 file in like 10 seconds."

I read that too.

Nov 7, 2007 at 12:11 AM Post #15 of 36
hows your guys's battery life? after a couple hours it seems to show at 60% on the player and when plugged into the pc.

the ff is ok, i don't like progressively faster scannning

also is it just me or does volume get lower as the battery drains? well its a good thing cuz i want lower volume

my desires for a future update:

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/boar...jump=true#M155

Users who are viewing this thread

Back