Sansa Clip+ -vs- Galaxy Nexus: FIGHT
Oct 11, 2012 at 1:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

gideonMorrison

100+ Head-Fier
Well, no not really fight. But you get it. 
biggrin.gif
 I've been a/b-ing a bit and fairly sure my new Clip+ sounds more tight, has more impact, better mids, no bass roll of, etc. However, this could be 'all' in my head. 

I've also been looking around a bit and found this: 

x6d87.jpg

Also, found this excerpt somewhere:

Quote:

[size=10pt] I'm a music producer so my ears might be a bit more specific than most. The DAC in the gnex has a built in 'limiter', this is evidence when tweaking EQ settings that cause it to reach a ceiling, which isn't very high in terms of headphone audio output. The bass has a bit off rolloff and distorts well before the drivers in the headphones ever would, same applies to mid's and high's at a certain point.[/size]

Can someone enlighten me if the Clip+ is better than the Gnex, if at all? I'm pretty sure my ears don't lie to me. However, I would appreciate some confirmation. Thanks guys, cheers.

Oct 11, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #2 of 11
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't all just in your head. I have never expected smartphones to be great audio performers, and the Galnex isn't an exceptional performer.

Oct 11, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #3 of 11
Ask the question at anythingbutipod.

Oct 11, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:
Already did. No answer. Also, don't tell me what to do. This thread was posted in the right sub forum.

I was not try to tell you what to do, just making a subjection for a website dedicated to portable audio players.

Oct 11, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:
Dude, I've been around this site for a longer time. I think I'm very capable of judging where I need to post, regarding DAP's. Guess what, exactly here:

http://www.head-fi.org/f/15/portable-source-gear

Next time, try to post something constructive, if you will.

You can post your questions anywhere you want on Head-Fi, I never said to move your post or that there was anything wrong with where your posting.
I'm not a Head-Fi admin, not my place to tell others were to post on Head-fi.

Oct 11, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #8 of 11
Oct 14, 2012 at 3:57 AM Post #11 of 11
You told us that you thought the Clip+ sounded better to your ears and that your ears don't lie. So we settled it the Clip+ is better.

Issued Resolved.

Why would you ask if you already know the Clip+ sounds better to your ears? If you have experience with the product and you enjoy it then keep it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back