Sansa Clip+ owners --- can you put 2 Clips on 1 computer? Do I need the Rhapsody software?
May 14, 2010 at 9:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Roadsong

New Head-Fier
After over-researching every variable on buying a quality portable audio player, my Clip+ arrived yesterday from Amazon (along with my new Audio Technica AD-700 headphones! 
atsmile.gif
)

My father also ordered a Clip+ to listen to audiobooks........so, this means we will be sharing one laptop but using two different Clips. 

(a) Can we do this? 
(b) How do we keep our media separate?

I currently keep my media files, and Media Monkey, on a USB flash drive.....so, now how do I set my father up with his Clip so there is no conflict between devices and data?

The second question is regarding the included installation software that states that I need to install Rhapsody to take advantage of all the features of the Sansa Clip+.

(a) I will never use Rhapsody to download songs.........Since I use Media Monkey as my media player, do I need to install this Rhapsody software? 

(b) Is the installation disk/Rhapsody equivilent to the "bloatware" we all get with our new computers?

I will hold off on installing my Clip+ until I hear from the forum experts on the matter.

May 14, 2010 at 9:52 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
After over-researching every variable on buying a quality portable audio player, my Clip+ arrived yesterday from Amazon (along with my new Audio Technica AD-700 headphones! 
atsmile.gif
)

My father also ordered a Clip+ to listen to audiobooks........so, this means we will be sharing one laptop but using two different Clips. 

(a) Can we do this? 
(b) How do we keep our media separate?

I currently keep my media files, and Media Monkey, on a USB flash drive.....so, now how do I set my father up with his Clip so there is no conflict between devices and data?

The second question is regarding the included installation software that states that I need to install Rhapsody to take advantage of all the features of the Sansa Clip+.

(a) I will never use Rhapsody to download songs.........Since I use Media Monkey as my media player, do I need to install this Rhapsody software? 

(b) Is the installation disk/Rhapsody equivilent to the "bloatware" we all get with our new computers?

I will hold off on installing my Clip+ until I hear from the forum experts on the matter.

Yes, you can you use 2 clip+s with 1 computer. No, you do not need the Rhapsody software.

I use Windows Media Player to sync my songs with my clip+. Once you connect it to your computer, it'll show up on the sidebar on your WMP. You can delete files off of there as necessary. In order to sync music, just drag and drop folders/files onto the sync tab on the right side.

Alternatively, because WMP does not have native support for FLACs (the fix for it is a little buggy), you can just use windows explorer to sync files (including FLACs). Upon connecting your clip+ to your computer, it'll show up as a portable device under "Computer" (for Windows). From there, you can navigate to the music folder and drag/drop/delete files as necessary.

May 14, 2010 at 10:01 AM Post #3 of 3
Excellent!  Thank you!............I had a gut feeling that the whole Rhapsody thing was a ploy to sell you their downloads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back