Sansa Clip+ Impressions
Mar 2, 2010 at 12:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

nukaidee

New Head-Fier
So I just got my sansa clip+ 4gb today. Thought i'd plug it in and try it out.. Mainly focused on 2 tracks, funk styles and female vocal track. My headphones are the PL-30 since this is going to be my portable (lose it drop it) rig. The ability to display asian characters is a real plus!

First thing... Wow.
Coming from a zen neeon, the sansa drives these headphones much better. There is much more than just sheer volume. Comparing with the creative at the same volume, the clip+ (flat eq) has a much better bass extension and details are brought out. I'll say with the clip+, for my zen to match it I'd be running approximately +5 on both the 60hz and 250hz eq setting. The highs are clear, I haven't heard enough to figure if they will be fatiguing.

Second impressions make me feel as if they have a better stereo separation? I find I can pick out the location of instruments more. This player is definitely better than the HO on any ipod I've heard and much better than the one on my phone (n95 8gb)

I feel the mids are quite forward and female vocals (alto) are quite in your face. It sounds great for critical listening, but I find it can be slightly distracting. (this song is a flac file). Btw I love how it can play FLAC! might throw a 16gb sd in there if I find enough flac files to justify it.

Thats it for now, I'll update when I get more than 30 min of listening in. The weight will be perfect for everyday hauling and the gym.

Btw. / PS. Is the jumping frequency bands screen accurate? Its always showing the bass (leftmost bar) to be peaking..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back