Sansa clip, fuze
Dec 5, 2009 at 10:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

homers54321

100+ Head-Fier
I havent been on head-fi for a couple months and i was just wondering if the clip and fuze are still the best bet for a small cheap good sounding DAP..

Also hows the clip+ and does it have the same chip set as the fuze, clip? thanks

Dec 5, 2009 at 11:15 PM Post #2 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by homers54321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, I've been on head-fi for a couple months and i was just wondering if the clip and fuze are still the best bet for a small cheap good sounding DAP..

Also hows the clip+ and does it have the same chip set as the fuze, clip? thanks

They definately are good as sources, not too sure about the DAP,but then no one has got an LOD for either of them,as far as the clip+ goes, I feel its the added micro sdhc slot that is the addition along with a cosmetic uplift, guys correct me if I'am wrong.

Dec 5, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunalraiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They definately are good as sources, not too sure about the DAP,but then no one has got an LOD for either of them,as far as the clip+ goes, I feel its the added micro sdhc slot that is the addition along with a cosmetic uplift, guys correct me if I'am wrong.

ClieOS seems to have developed a working LOD, but it only works with Rockbox so far.

Dec 6, 2009 at 12:07 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Halftrack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ClieOS seems to have developed a working LOD, but it only works with Rockbox so far.

And Rockbox is not for the newer fuze, so we are back to square one.

Dec 6, 2009 at 1:01 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Halftrack /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think you have that backwards. ClieOS' DIY LOD only works with the original firmware. Audio-out from the Fuze's dock port has not been implemented in Rockbox yet.

Dec 6, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by keezzzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had Rockbox on my Fuze , nothing than problems, so i'm back at the original

It's not for everyone, I suppose. I personally have nothing but praise for Rockbox on the Fuze (and I have trouble stomaching the OF).

Dec 6, 2009 at 9:32 PM Post #10 of 10
Rockbox can be fairly buggy at times, like not powering on/off or text all getting jumbled up on the screen. The only reason I really use it is for gapless playback, if the Fuze could do gapless on official firmware I would use that instead
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back