Sansa Clip/Fuse users, post your portable rig!
Apr 15, 2012 at 1:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

kskwerl

Headphoneus Supremus
Wanted to see what others were using in terms of portable amps/dacs with their Clips/Fuses

Here's mine.

inb4 someone post there clip/fuse with just earbuds attached

Apr 15, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #3 of 18

Quote:
Wanted to see what others were using in terms of portable amps/dacs with their Clips/Fuses

Here's mine.

inb4 someone post there clip/fuse with just earbuds attached

If I do use an amp, it's usually this one......

Apr 15, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #5 of 18
Apr 15, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #7 of 18

Quote:
How do you like it? Only portable I've ever tried is this cmoybb

It's a powerhouse, especially considering the size of it. None of the headphones I own require me to put it into the high gain setting.  When I first pulled it out of the box, I was like,"No way it's this small!" No tone controls on it, just volume and a two-position gain switch.

But given the Rockbox five-band parametric EQ I have on the Zip, the seven-band parametric "Equalizer" app on my iPod Touch, or the 10-band PowerAmp EQ on my Galaxy Player 5.0,  the amp doesn't need any tone control.
L3000.gif

Apr 15, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #8 of 18
Sounds awesome to me, what's up with Ibassos website tho? I can't seem to figure out how to order

Quote:
It's a powerhouse, especially considering the size of it. None of the headphones I own require me to put it into the high gain setting.  When I first pulled it out of the box, I was like,"No way it's this small!" No tone controls on it, just volume and a two-position gain switch.

But given the Rockbox five-band parametric EQ I have on the Zip, the seven-band parametric "Equalizer" app on my iPod Touch, or the 10-band PowerAmp EQ on my Galaxy Player 5.0,  the amp doesn't need any tone control.
L3000.gif

Apr 15, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #9 of 18

T
here's my beast, however they have been separated recently. My Clip+ now dressed with his own personal black silicon case.

While E11 ran away with my ipod mini to mate using an L9. 
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 15, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #10 of 18

Quote:
Sounds awesome to me, what's up with Ibassos website tho? I can't seem to figure out how to order

I'm afraid couldn't say for sure....I didn't order mine from there.
Looks like the site is working properly for me though. I just clicked on "order now" and it loaded one into my cart immediately.

Apr 15, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #11 of 18

Quote:

T
here's my beast, however they have been separated recently. My Clip+ now dressed with his own personal black silicon case.

While E11 ran away with my ipod mini to mate using an L9. 
tongue_smile.gif

haha that looks sweet, I was thinking about the E17 as an upgrade to the cmoybb? Not sure how much of an upgrade that would be.

Quote:
I'm afraid couldn't say for sure....I didn't order mine from there.
Looks like the site is working properly for me though. I just clicked on "order now" and it loaded one into my cart immediately.

ahhhh it was NoScript blocking stuff

Apr 15, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #12 of 18

Quote:
haha that looks sweet, I was thinking about the E17 as an upgrade to the cmoybb? Not sure how much of an upgrade that would be.

ahhhh it was NoScript blocking stuff

Yup, that explains it. Same thing has happened to me.
biggrin.gif

Apr 16, 2012 at 5:12 AM Post #13 of 18

Quote:

I haven't heard a Cmoybb or E17 so I can't compare sorry. If you're using a laptop or computer for tunes the E17 DAC will come in handy. If  you're only pairing up the Clip+ I would probably look at the E11 as an option too! 

Apr 16, 2012 at 10:55 AM Post #14 of 18
i use mine unamped... pure, simple, and still sounds good...

Quote:
I haven't heard a Cmoybb or E17 so I can't compare sorry. If you're using a laptop or computer for tunes the E17 DAC will come in handy. If  you're only pairing up the Clip+ I would probably look at the E11 as an option too! 

+1, though im reading things saying how Cmoybb powers cans better (thus a better amp?)...

I always wanted to ask, where do you guys get an Cmoybb??

Apr 16, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #15 of 18

Quote:
i use mine unamped... pure, simple, and still sounds good...

+1, though im reading things saying how Cmoybb powers cans better (thus a better amp?)...

I always wanted to ask, where do you guys get an Cmoybb??

I got mine from JDS Labs http://www.jdslabs.com/ but you can find a real lot of them on eBay. I usually set my Clip+ to -10db then use the volume from the Cmoybb, I think I turned the Clip+ above -10 but I remember it getting really really loud!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back