Sansa Clip+ Folder Browsing Issue
Jan 23, 2011 at 7:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

larry

New Head-Fier
I have 3 subfolder in a folder. The 3 subfolder is being name as following:

Naruto I
Naruto II
Naruto III

However, when I use the folder browsing it only appear Naruto III and all the song in Naruto I and Naruto II is being merge with together in one folder. Does anyone encounter this before?

Jan 23, 2011 at 7:22 PM Post #4 of 12
Yesterday just got a 32GB Sandisk micro SD, I copy most of my song to it and I notice even more "folder merging" issue. Like folder name with ALBUM and ALBUMLESS is being merge as one. This is quite bothering to me as I get the clip+ mainly for its folder browsing capability.

Jan 24, 2011 at 6:42 AM Post #5 of 12
Sorry I can't be of any more help.  I had my Clip + for 2 days then Rockboxed it, no problems yet but it's only been 2 weeks.

Just some questions that might/might not help.

Are you loading the 32 gb card while it's in the Clip +?

Have you formatted the card at all?

James

Jan 24, 2011 at 11:30 AM Post #7 of 12

Quote:
Rockbox it, problem solved.

Have they figured out the "write-to-memory"-issue on Clips? I rockboxed my sports-Clip a year ago, and it has to boot the original firmware in order to connect to the computer and get filled, and it won't save configurations and such when running Rockbox. I would not mind having a fully functional Rockbox on my Clip+. There used to be a big table listing the model-specific status of each feature on the Rockbox-site, but it seems I'm too stupid to find it again nowadays.
confused_face%281%29.gif

Jan 25, 2011 at 5:18 AM Post #9 of 12

Quote:
I think the problem of rockbox is that the battery won't last for long.

I don't know what you are getting with the original OS but with my Clip+ RB I got 12 hours and just half the battery was gone.  Now that was with little to no changing songs or having the display on.

Someone had mentioned that you get a better battery life after RB the Clip+

James

Jan 25, 2011 at 10:20 AM Post #10 of 12

Quote:
Quote:
Rockbox it, problem solved.

Have they figured out the "write-to-memory"-issue on Clips? I rockboxed my sports-Clip a year ago, and it has to boot the original firmware in order to connect to the computer and get filled, and it won't save configurations and such when running Rockbox. I would not mind having a fully functional Rockbox on my Clip+. There used to be a big table listing the model-specific status of each feature on the Rockbox-site, but it seems I'm too stupid to find it again nowadays.
confused_face%281%29.gif

You do have to use the OF to connect to the computer, but all your configurations and settings are saved.

Quote:
I think the problem of rockbox is that the battery won't last for long.

Um, no.....it helps the battery last longer, especially if using formats other than MP3. Ogg Vorbis and FLAC files get double the battery life or more with Rockbox compared to the OF, and even MP3 is improved somewhat.

Jan 25, 2011 at 10:35 AM Post #11 of 12
Rockbox own it. =D I use the classic theme and the unifont-16. The chinese character display in the folder browsing was perfect but when I play a chines song which chinese tag, it can't display the character. meaning it show boxes. Does anyone encounter this?

Jan 29, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #12 of 12

Quote:
Quote:
confused_face%281%29.gif

You do have to use the OF to connect to the computer, but all your configurations and settings are saved.

A belated follow-up: You are right, thanks! Works pretty well now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back