Sansa Clip+ factory data
Mar 25, 2013 at 4:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

BLACKENEDPLAGUE

1000+ Head-Fier
Does anyone have a saved folder for the factory data? I failed to back mine up before formatting via windows (with hidden files shown) and now there is absolutely nothing on it. Delete the included audio/audiobook files since that would evidently be copyright infringement or something, but if you could leave everything else in tact and throw it up on depositefiles or mediafire that would be a load of help!

Mar 26, 2013 at 10:03 AM Post #3 of 21
Quote:
Does anyone have a saved folder for the factory data? I failed to back mine up before formatting via windows (with hidden files shown) and now there is absolutely nothing on it. Delete the included audio/audiobook files since that would evidently be copyright infringement or something, but if you could leave everything else in tact and throw it up on depositefiles or mediafire that would be a load of help!

There's nothing on there you need. 

Mar 26, 2013 at 11:11 AM Post #4 of 21
Does not work

Mar 26, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #5 of 21
Mar 26, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #6 of 21
Everything that the clip has on memory when you buy it minus the music and audiobooks

Mar 26, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #7 of 21
Quote:
Everything that the clip has on memory when you buy it minus the music and audiobooks

What else is on there besides the sample music and audiobooks? Certainly nothing that you need to use the player.

Mar 26, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #8 of 21
Well I did not care for rockbox so yes in fact without that stuff it is just a flash drive.

Mar 26, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #9 of 21
Did you try to rockbox it, have a problem, then reformat?  Regardless, I believe the devs said that you only need the firmware .bat file or something like that.  Just find that, download it, and drag it back onto the clip and it should fix itself.

Edit:  I cleared mine by accident and I just copied a file called clppa.bin to the Clip and it worked like new after that.

Mar 26, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #10 of 21
Quote:
Did you try to rockbox it, have a problem, then reformat?  Regardless, I believe the devs said that you only need the firmware .bat file or something like that.  Just find that, download it, and drag it back onto the clip and it should fix itself.

Edit:  I cleared mine by accident and I just copied a file called clppa.bin to the Clip and it worked like new after that.

Yeah I tried rockbox then reformatted. I have dragged the bin a countless amount of times but the clip in question says "file not found, connect USB"

Mar 26, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #12 of 21
It says the battery is low and turns off. Sansa Updater is refusing to recognize it even though the .bin file is present

Mar 26, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #13 of 21
Try giving it a bit of charge, then do that reset like I said in the last post.  That is how I ended up getting mine back from that mess.

The Sansa updater absolutely refused to recognize my Clip when I had this problem, so I wouldn't take that as a sign.

Mar 26, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #14 of 21
Ok now the clip updated itself and works fine. Thanks for being more help than the Sansa tech support

EDIT: Absolutely backing it up this time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back