Sansa Clip Ear Bud Recommendations
Apr 24, 2009 at 3:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Dr.J

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I have a Sansa Clip, which produces amazing sound for what it is and what it costs. I understand its performance is improved with better earbuds. At one sight, I saw a recommendation for a Sennheiser version, but can't find it. Nevertheless, I'm writing to ask for recommendations, regarding an ideal earbud for this wonderful little player.

Any and all advice, appreciated.

Apr 24, 2009 at 3:47 PM Post #2 of 14
I also have the Clip, and I agree it's a great player.

If earbuds are what you are after (i.e. you don't care to isolate your music from ambient noise), for the price, it is hard to beat a Yuin PK3.

It is available from Head-Fi sponsor Head-Direct:
Head-Direct.com | YUIN

I'm currently using my Clip with a PK2, which costs more than a PK3 but with a slightly less boomy bass.

Apr 24, 2009 at 4:32 PM Post #4 of 14
Yuin PK3!
biggrin.gif

Apr 24, 2009 at 6:40 PM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

i believe audio technica also makes a decent earbud but i can't remember there name

The name is CM700. I have a pair of these, they're just awesome.

Apr 25, 2009 at 2:42 AM Post #6 of 14
Thank you all for your recommendations. I just purchased the Audio Technica's, as they're available from Hong Kong for only $5.99. I don't know how that's possible and hope it's on the up and up, but at $5.99, it's not much of a risk.

Again, thanks!

Apr 25, 2009 at 2:46 AM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.J /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you all for your recommendations. I just purchased the Audio Technica's, as they're available from Hong Kong for only $5.99. I don't know how that's possible and hope it's on the up and up, but at $5.99, it's not much of a risk.

Again, thanks!

I call shenanigans.

Apr 25, 2009 at 8:00 AM Post #9 of 14
For 5.99 you can get only some chinese headphones from brand called "AubloTecnlca" that looks similar to CM700.
I've got mine for about $120; and, as i have seen, the price is even higher in other countries.
And CM700s are produced in japan, so nobody in china/HK can sell them for less than he would get them in japan. There is no chinese fabric that produces CM700s for audiotechnica and produces a replicas to a chinese market.

Apr 25, 2009 at 1:39 PM Post #10 of 14
Well, I figured something isn't right, but for $5.99, it's worth a shot; no? They can't be worse than the originals, I wouldn't think. I'll post again once I receive them.

Apr 25, 2009 at 3:22 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.J /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I figured something isn't right, but for $5.99, it's worth a shot; no? They can't be worse than the originals, I wouldn't think. I'll post again once I receive them.

My experience with counterfeits ( twice from ebay ) is that they are much worse than the originals they copy.

If you want inexpensive earbuds, I HIGHLY recommend the Philips SHE2650. I have not tried Yuins, but these beat the rest of what I have tried. I started a little thread on philips some time back http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/p...arbuds-385891/ I use them every day with my Sansa Clip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back