Sansa Clip - built to last?
Mar 27, 2008 at 4:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

steviebee

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi all
Just about to pull the trigger (ish) on a Clip. I've read reviews, watched the Youtube stuff, but have one last question...

Alongside more day to day use, I'll be taking it mountainbiking, hiking & general offroad jollies, so what's the build-quality like? Not having seen one on the flesh, it looks a little, er, plasticky or flimsy in pix....(no offense to Clip owners, btw!)

Thanks!

er, sorry...should be in the flesh! Didn't want anyone gettin' the wrong idea
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 27, 2008 at 4:51 PM Post #2 of 16
Been considering the clip before, and it felt solid enough the time I was given the chance to handle one (but unfortunately, never tested it).

Would you by any chance consider the Fuze? Present reports say that it sound either similar or exactly the same as the Clip, plus its expandable and has a longer battery life.

Mar 27, 2008 at 4:53 PM Post #4 of 16
Thanks guys... the Fuze is new to me. I'll have to go look it up.

Edit\ oh I see, a Clip with Micro SD...interesting! Thanks for bringing to my attention. Are they available yet?

double edit\ My mistake! It's bigger than a Clip I think...1.9" screen, nice.

Mar 27, 2008 at 5:09 PM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my frined, if you are in the states, the world is available to you... in england, think of getting things you knonw... late.

Ouch!

Mar 27, 2008 at 5:20 PM Post #7 of 16
haha! that or get it from an american who will do you a favour and send it for 40$ postage to uk. ive survived that situation all my life.... well except for 5 years i lived in states! it was immediate, amazing, like the movies. koss for cheap and realistic koss rips and well, if i were still there, sansa for cheap and easy on the street... probably raining sansa!

i do wish for the day when it is released anywhere my borders, ever. even the sansa clip has not made its way here yet and we are quite an americanised economy.

Mar 27, 2008 at 6:41 PM Post #8 of 16
Wow, I'm surprised...I would've thought Japan had everything in the mp3 line...

Getting closer to getting the Clip, unless I hear horror stories soon
wink.gif

Mar 28, 2008 at 10:13 PM Post #11 of 16
Thanks all... sounds good to me
smily_headphones1.gif

One last q -I read it doesn't support folders -does this mean it won't display albums, only tracks? Bit of a numpty re this as I've only ever used my H120/140 where folders are the order of the day...

Mar 28, 2008 at 10:51 PM Post #13 of 16
Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif
I should've said album titles or folders(I kinda thought album art would be a no-no!)

But what I need to know is: what do you see when you select Music? I'm hoping you see (> = click):

Artist > Album title/s > tracks

rather than just Music > tracks

Dumb question I know, but hey....it's late!

Mar 28, 2008 at 11:03 PM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif
I should've said album titles or folders(I kinda thought album art would be a no-no!)

But what I need to know is: what do you see when you select Music? I'm hoping you see (> = click):

Artist > Album title/s > tracks

rather than just Music > tracks

Dumb question I know, but hey....it's late!

You'll see the first

Mar 29, 2008 at 12:03 AM Post #15 of 16
Thanks HipHop!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back