Sansa Clip+: As good as the original?
Nov 18, 2009 at 3:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Spasticteapot

100+ Head-Fier
I need a decent MP3 player capable of driving MDR-V6s and E3Cs sans external amp. I've heard the Clip does a great job, and now there's a new version - the clip+. For $40, I get a 4GB player which can be expanded to 12GB (in theory - they don't list the max capacity) by the addition of a $12 SDHC card. In short, it looks pretty awesome.

Is the new Clip as good as the original?

Nov 18, 2009 at 3:19 PM Post #2 of 4
Right now, the maximum that a micro SDHC card can be is 16 gigs. From listening to the clip at work, I would say that the sound quality is the same, they just adjusted the case to accommodate the SD card. The max you could get this player is 24 gigs (8 gig player with a 16 gig card) and it would cost about 100 USD from amazon.

Hope that helps!

-Nylan

Nov 18, 2009 at 4:31 PM Post #3 of 4
I can say a word about SQ in the Clip+, sorry, but I own a "classic" Clip and they have made some things better: the clip is sturdier, the buttons are better placed (specially volume control if you use L-shaped earphone plugs), the case is more "square" so overall it is a bit smaller, it can read microSDHC and I've heard it supports gapless playback. With all this I mean that I could tolerate a little decrease in SQ in return for the additional features. A *reasonable* decrease in SQ, though, and I would like that decrease to be exactly zero
wink.gif

Nov 18, 2009 at 7:47 PM Post #4 of 4
Better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back