Sansa Clip 8gb or Fuze 8gb?
Jan 13, 2009 at 5:24 PM Post #2 of 15
for 8gb, i think it'd be nice to have the slightly larger display and more efficient way of navigation. the clip is so basic, but with the fuze it's more of an all-around player.

my vote is for the Fuze.

Jan 13, 2009 at 5:55 PM Post #5 of 15
well if it was me id say the fuze just because its expandable, if they both were then i would say the clip, small and simple basic screen would be fine, its an mp3 player who gives a crap if its got a bigger screen. its why i find the ipod touch the most backward idea in audio, making the whole device about the screen?????

Jan 13, 2009 at 7:53 PM Post #6 of 15
The Clip lacks folder browsing
frown.gif

I'm gunna get a Fuze once I get the $.

Jan 13, 2009 at 10:22 PM Post #7 of 15
At that size I'd get the Fuze just for the expandability in the future, I am currently am at 24gb with my 8gb and 16gb microSDHC.

For a Clip I wouldn't go much bigger then 2gb, I just do a random sync thru Media Monkey on to my clip for on the go or the gym.

pink

Jan 13, 2009 at 11:01 PM Post #9 of 15
Expandibility is key ... it allows one device rather than two... big issue.

My next DAP will be a Fuze only because of that single feature. Memory doubles each year and goes down in price. Get an 4g fuze and a 16g sdmicro card ($55). In another year you'll be able to get a 32g microsd card for under $70.

They should just sell these devices for cheap with 4g memories and expansion slots and let the buyer (like with cameras) go out and get the amount of memory they need.

Jan 16, 2009 at 8:28 PM Post #11 of 15
I decided on the Fuze mainly for expandability. Another point is actually size: I have no idea whether the clip can be removed from the Clip, but according to spec thickness including the Clip's clip, the Fuze is thinner. It can truly ride in a credit card slot in the wallet; push a dedicated slider and the Fuze locks, so this works nicely.

Jan 16, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by spahn_ranch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I decided on the Fuze mainly for expandability. Another point is actually size: I have no idea whether the clip can be removed from the Clip, but according to spec thickness including the Clip's clip, the Fuze is thinner. It can truly ride in a credit card slot in the wallet; push a dedicated slider and the Fuze locks, so this works nicely.

Yes, the clip is removable. But as you say, the Fuze is still thinner. I'll be picking up an 8gb as soon as I find a good price.

Jan 17, 2009 at 5:06 AM Post #14 of 15
Annoying little Fuze bug. I thought it went dead but it was only asleep.

With the last firmware, it won't play until drained: the sleep mode shuts down the player no matter what you set the timer to ('__', the 'never' option, is always ignored), so burning in for one thing is a pita. The best it can do is play 120 min before calling it a day; I checked the sandisk forum, and sure enough this had been reported by a user and forwarded by a forum mod to the firmware squad.

Jan 17, 2009 at 5:36 AM Post #15 of 15
Fuze with e5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back