SanDisk Sansa View supports gapless playback
Oct 7, 2007 at 12:10 PM Post #2 of 17
Looks like it's built on the same frame as Sansa e200 series.
Still does not support Ogg.
Well maybe it will be rockboxed!
580smile.gif

Oct 7, 2007 at 6:54 PM Post #3 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caribou679 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like it's built on the same frame as Sansa e200 series.
Still does not support Ogg.
Well maybe it will be rockboxed!
580smile.gif

Its better because its thinner, has a bigger screen (2.4" vs 1.8") and the scroll wheel looks like the same as the wifi model. But yeah, the price is stunning. It has XviD support too. The e200 only supported MJPEG, which is a horrible format.

Oct 7, 2007 at 7:04 PM Post #4 of 17
Has anyone validated the gapless claim? I tend not to believe it until someone tests and confirms.

Oct 7, 2007 at 7:16 PM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by RubenNYC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone validated the gapless claim? I tend not to believe it until someone tests and confirms.

have you read the 2 refs the OP has in his post? It's in there.

regards,

Oct 7, 2007 at 7:52 PM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caribou679 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
have you read the 2 refs the OP has in his post? It's in there.

regards,

Of course. The first is the manufacturer's product page, and I'm not sure the manufacturer's definition of gapless matches mine.

The second reads as if the author was simply reiterating the manufacturer's list of features. I didn't notice any independent verification. Or did I miss something?

Oct 8, 2007 at 6:28 PM Post #7 of 17
It hasn't shipped yet, so I guess we won't hear much about specifics until later.

The thing that annoys me most is that in small print at the bottom it says the battery will not be replaceable. :/

Oct 9, 2007 at 11:51 AM Post #8 of 17
I missed this thread and came across this player on my own. If it is true gapless playback then I am very excited about this player. Of course a big question will be how does this thing sound. I have a Trekstor Vibez and consider it to be one of the best sounding DAPs. If the Sansa View can come close to it or better then I may not wait for the Vibez flash player due in. I mean 24gb flash? Waaaay cool!

Oct 9, 2007 at 11:59 AM Post #9 of 17
What's gapless audio? flac?
Isn't that what most of the Cowon brand can do

Oct 9, 2007 at 12:04 PM Post #10 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidw89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've never heard of any Cowon player that plays gapless out of the box, i.e. without Rockbox.

Oct 9, 2007 at 12:27 PM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidw89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lossless audio - flac, alac, etc
gapless audio - there is no extra gap between songs, live albums as well as some studio flow cleanly from one track to the next without a pause

Oct 10, 2007 at 12:33 PM Post #13 of 17
Well, I think I might buy this. Up to 24 gigs is pretty sweet and once I sell my ipod, paying the difference wouldn't be so bad. I decided against having a "real" portable rig with an amp and I want to slim my portable setup.. up
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit: This or the Creative Zen 16GB player. I'm on the fence.

Oct 11, 2007 at 11:09 AM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by kpeezy
Well, I think I might buy this. Up to 24 gigs is pretty sweet and once I sell my ipod, paying the difference wouldn't be so bad. I decided against having a "real" portable rig with an amp and I want to slim my portable setup.. up

Edit: This or the Creative Zen 16GB player. I'm on the fence.

Until the firmware is updated, I am not sure I would go with the Zen. I hear that the SD card contents are not integrated with the rest of the library, so in order to play any music from the card you have to browse to the SD card and then browse through the folders. Argh...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back