Sandisk Sansa e270 6GB Media Player with FM Tuner on Woot for $50
Feb 25, 2008 at 12:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

tstarn06

Banned
A pretty good deal at Woot. I picked one up myself, just because the price is so right. If it works well (and sounds great), I may even shed my Sony A816, since the Sansa has both 6GB capacity and SD card slot (I have one in my cell phone I never use). Plus, it has FM radio. At $50 for 6GB (or more with the SD card), too hard not to buy.

Woot : One Day, One Deal (SM)

Feb 25, 2008 at 1:14 PM Post #2 of 6
How is the sound quality compared to the sansa clip?

Feb 25, 2008 at 1:47 PM Post #3 of 6
No idea. This specific player got a 4-star average on Amazon (with a decent number of users). I figured for $50, plus I have an extra SD card, I can get an 8GB player with FM for $50. Now, if the sound quality can't come close to the Sony, I'll either sell it or give/sell it to a friend who isn't as finicky. That Woot place is dangerous.

Feb 25, 2008 at 2:29 PM Post #5 of 6
Doubtful, as the Amazon reviews run for well over a year. But who knows? Guess I will find out. The reviews for this DAP go way back to when it came out (in 2006) and even back then, some gave it 4-5 stars, as well as 1 star. But on balance, people liked it alot. Same holds true for recent buyers. So no way to tell, I suppose, until I open the box, put some music on it, and start it up. Worth the risk to me, since if it sounds decent/good, I will have an 8GB small DAP for $54 (again, that's because I already have a micro-SD card not being used in my cell phone, and it's already loaded with music).

I'm not selling my Sony A816 yet, trust me.

As with anything, life's a risk. This one seemed worth taking. But who knows?

Feb 25, 2008 at 6:53 PM Post #6 of 6
I recently bought a 1gb Sansa m240 from Woot for $10!!! It works good and has decent sound. Great for a child or, say, working in the yard. It is a refurb, but looks grand new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back