Sandisk Sansa Clip Sport vs iPod Shuffle 6th Gen
Nov 11, 2015 at 10:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

martiiin

New Head-Fier
Hey all!

So I've been having a tough time deciding which one to get (from the thread title), and then it dawned on me, there's this little forum on the net called Head-Fi with a bunch of audiophiles who are pros at everything that has to do with sound quality :D So now I'm here, to ask you guys to help me decide.

So, my #1 priority is sound quality. I care about nothing else basically. Price comes second. I can get the Sansa Sport for roughly $45, and the iPod Shuffle for roughly $23. That $20 difference is big for me, since I'm a poor person. But anyway, I've heard that the Shuffle has pretty good sound quality. Atleast decent. And I'm no audiophile. As long as I get clean crisp sound with good volume I'm happy. But then I've heard people say the Sansa Sport has better sound quality than the Shuffle. Or atleast the Sansa clip+ and Zip, which to my knowledge have the same sound quality as the Sansa Sport?

So which one should I pick, if I value sound quality? I won't be using any monster audiophile headphones, just decent sound quality headphones (Bose SoundTrue AE). Any input much appreciated :)

Nov 11, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #3 of 16
I prefer my Sony NWZ-E465 and E474 mp3 players, over my Sansa Clip Zip.
Sound quality is roughly equal, but the Sonys are thinner, have a bigger screen and long battery life :)

You should be able to find a used player with in your price range.
Just do a search on eBay for "Sony NMZ", there are lots of used models with in your price range.

Nov 11, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #5 of 16
  I prefer my Sony NWZ-E465 and E474 mp3 players, over my Sansa Clip Zip.
Sound quality is roughly equal, but the Sonys are thinner, have a bigger screen and long battery life :)

You should be able to find a used player with in your price range.
Just do a search on eBay for "Sony NMZ", there are lots of used models with in your price range.

Hey. Thanks for your reply. Did you mean to search for NMZ, or NWZ? Cuz I don't find anything in NMZ. Also, which model of NWZ do you recoomend? Specifically NWZ-E465? I hope they do shipping to Sweden, cuz the prices are insane.

Nov 11, 2015 at 5:10 PM Post #6 of 16
  why are you limiting yourself to these 2 products? why choose a Sport over other Sansa players? if you want above pretty excellent sound quality at a low price get an xduoo x2 .

Because these are the only products I find here in Sweden that go under my budget. Sansa Sport is the only available option, Clip+ and Zip aren't available. And I don't care about the software issues, I only care about SQ, which to my knowledge isn't worse on the Sport.

Nov 11, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #8 of 16
  Btw, it doesn't seem like the Sony NWZ models support FLAC files? Whereas the Sansa Clip players do? In that case isn't Clip a better option?

I'm not sure the standard Clip players support FLAC audio files?
but I'm sure the Rockbox firmware does.
http://www.rockbox.org/

I've heard mixed reviews on the Clip Sport, so maybe the Clip Zip is the better option?

Nov 11, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #9 of 16
Well, to my understanding, the Sport has got bad reviews because of its software issues. That's something I can easily overlook. And it does support FLAC. I think it's a safe option then?

But anyone who has a 4th Gen ipod Shuffle, can you guys compare its sound quality to players like Sony NWZ and Sandisk Clip players?

Btw, do all NWZ players have equal sound quality? Because I'm finding many different model numbers for sale on eBay.

Nov 11, 2015 at 6:04 PM Post #10 of 16
I'm fairly sure the Sony NWZ-3XX & NWZ-4XX & NWZ-5XX are really the same on the inside.
Just some models come with more memory (4GB ,8GB, 16GB) and extra features.

Nov 11, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #11 of 16
I checked out the xduoo X2, and it looks promising. Does it come without any storage? Do you have to buy an SD card seperately?

EDIT: I've officially purchased the xduoo X2 from eBay. After I read about it, it was a sealed deal. Almost too good to be true, ehehe. Hope it delivers from China quickly so I can test my headphones on it =D

Thanks, fredhubbard2! (y)

Nov 12, 2015 at 2:58 AM Post #12 of 16
I checked out the xduoo X2, and it looks promising. Does it come without any storage? Do you have to buy an SD card seperately?

EDIT: I've officially purchased the xduoo X2 from eBay. After I read about it, it was a sealed deal. Almost too good to be true, ehehe. Hope it delivers from China quickly so I can test my headphones on it =D

Thanks, fredhubbard2! (y)
S

:)

Well done . It's a solid piece of kit and it sounds awesome . No internal memory but takes no time to load up whatever sd card you shove in it

Nov 12, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #13 of 16
Awesome. SD cards are so cheap anyway, so gonna shove a 32GB class 10 card in there.

This media player really is a no-brainer over the Clip+. Especially considering it's even cheaper. Can't wait for it to arrive. (Y)

Nov 12, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #14 of 16
  Well, to my understanding, the Sport has got bad reviews because of its software issues. That's something I can easily overlook. And it does support FLAC. I think it's a safe option then?

But anyone who has a 4th Gen ipod Shuffle, can you guys compare its sound quality to players like Sony NWZ and Sandisk Clip players?

Btw, do all NWZ players have equal sound quality? Because I'm finding many different model numbers for sale on eBay.

I simply could not get myself to like the Sansa Clip sound, no matter how many people say it's better than the shuffle. It sounds dead in a way the shuffle doesn't, even if the shuffle may occasionally hiss a little more.

Before committing to the shuffle, decide if you can accept the low storage, and having to use iTunes.

Most if not all Sony Walkman products have a model number that begin with NWZ, and they can be loosely divided into 4 or 5 groups from low-end to hi-end. So no, they're not all equals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back