Sandisk Sansa Clip+ 8Gb + FiiO E5 - Should i go for it?
Apr 10, 2010 at 1:46 AM Post #16 of 22
the sony X,S,A series prefered. Clear Bass > mach3bass > sansa bass EQ for me though....

Apr 10, 2010 at 1:49 AM Post #17 of 22
oh i thought u were talking about amps. Nah the Clip+ sounds hella good already, and for the price it really satisfies me
smily_headphones1.gif

But appreciate a lot your tip on the sony DAPs, maybe i will get one sometime later...
wink.gif

Apr 13, 2010 at 3:08 AM Post #18 of 22
i still use the e5 with my clip+ and there is a noticeable different (slightly more bass but you get this hiss sound when pause)and I can lower the volume on clip+ to make it run longer. the fiio e5 only cost $20 on ebay

Apr 13, 2010 at 3:28 AM Post #19 of 22
I started a similar thread last night.........see the thread on creating a $400 system........folks made some outstanding arguments for the S:FLO2 which I am now getting. The S:Flo2 is available with varying memory sizes and has a micro SD expansion slot -- the reviews all seem to say that it is the best sounding DAP available right now, and you will not need the Fiio E5.

Apr 13, 2010 at 3:30 AM Post #20 of 22
i got my sansa already, and FiiO E5 is on the way already. S:FLO2 i can't find here in germany, but who knows, if i do not buy it somewhere else in a couple of months?
biggrin.gif

Until then the Sansa clip+ is enough for my hears
wink.gif

thanks guys

Apr 17, 2010 at 6:52 AM Post #21 of 22
my FiiO E5 arrived yesterday, i love the sound of this combo! the FiiO improved the bass and the sound is warmer! Just how i like it! I broke the Clip on the back of my Clip+ and removed the Clip on the fio, i am going today after work search a shop where i can buy some velcro to get them both together in a safer way. after that i will post some pics of it on the Pics thread.

Apr 18, 2010 at 4:57 PM Post #22 of 22
I didn't break mine, just drilled a hole through the clip for a laynard attachment point and screwed it up that way. For those of you thinking of doing the same, part of the spring assembly is moulded into the back of the clip - Don't do it.

If you sand down the raised strip at the bottom of the open end of the clip, thinking it'll look nicer fitting flush with your amp, your almost certainly in for a shock!! - As you sand straight through the back moulding of the Clip+'s case and expose a gap in the casing (see attached photo's).

On a positive note if you can find 1" wide velcro strips, it'll make the best job of hiding the damage I can almost certainly guarantee your going to do
eek.gif

Although no prizes will be offered for guessing you can probably kiss your Sansa warranty goodbye
tongue.gif

Have fun.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back