Sandisk Sansa c140: how do you delete sample songs?
Dec 8, 2006 at 9:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mmmpopfanatic

100+ Head-Fier
I was wondering if anyone knows how to delete the 20 songs that come programmed on the c140. I've been searching for this and haven't found a straight answer.

Dec 9, 2006 at 4:51 AM Post #2 of 7
I simply plugged it in, but accessed it in My Computer as a usb flash drive.

Open it up (it's listed as Sansa, I think) and delete the folders you don't want. I added files this way too and it was MUCH faster than the sync with Windows Media Player.

Hope this helped

Dec 9, 2006 at 5:51 AM Post #3 of 7
Change USB mode in settings from MTP to MSC I think.

But when you put in songs, I'm going to suggest that you use the MTP again to sync it with WMP because I think there's a higher change of files corrupting when you just drag and drop. I've had it happen to me. :/

Even the Sandisk customer service department told me they recommend syncing it with WMP and I'm going to assume for that reason.

Dec 10, 2006 at 4:58 AM Post #4 of 7
OK, so I plugged it in under MSC. When I looked it up under My Computer, only the music I put on it myself show up. The songs already on it don't show up anywhere.

Dec 14, 2006 at 7:53 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by mmmpopfanatic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tried it. Still nothing.

Under MSC mode, go to My Computer and Format it.
YOU WILL LOSE ALL OF THE FILES THAT YOU PUT ON IT!!!

If it works the same way that my Sansa E270 does, then you will need to Safely Remove Device and allow it to build its database again. Then you can reconnect and transfer you music over.

That should work----at least that is the way I got rid of the songs on my E270!

Hope this helps.

mal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back