Sandisk Fuze vs. Sony Walkmans- sq only?
Jun 26, 2008 at 3:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

todd92371

100+ Head-Fier
Hello guys,
I have narrowed it down to the Fuze or one of the Sony walkman mp3 players. I will primarily be using the player with er4p's. Anyone have any comments on the sound quality of both. I have been hearing great things about both players? Which one would you prefer?
smily_headphones1.gif
_

Thanks,
todd

Jun 26, 2008 at 10:38 PM Post #2 of 5
I don't own the Fuze but I own the clip and it is said by those who have both that the clip and the fuze sound the same.
I also own the Sony NWZ-S616.
I like the sound of the clip better than the Sony but I listen to mostly Jazz/Jazz Vocal. The Sony seems to lack the detail, airiness and transparency that the clip and my D2 have. But the Sony has loads of bass.
With that said I like the sound of my Cowon D2 better than both.
I use Shure E500's phones.

Edit: I wanted to add that the Sony's Gui is way better than the clip's. Not sure if the Gui on the fuse is the same as the clip.

Jun 27, 2008 at 3:03 AM Post #3 of 5
That really makes me think that the Sony players may be a good match for the analytical ER4p's. It might give them more lower end and warmth that they need at times (at least for me). This is going to make me really look into the Sony for the Etymotics. Thank you,

todd

Jun 27, 2008 at 3:15 AM Post #4 of 5
I don't own a Fuze or Clip but I do own a A818 and the SQ is very warm and has loads of bass. The interface is great as well, just nice and simple. I also have to add that the stock MDR-EX082 sound wonderful (at least to my ears).

Jun 27, 2008 at 3:53 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by todd92371 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That really makes me think that the Sony players may be a good match for the analytical ER4p's. It might give them more lower end and warmth that they need at times (at least for me). This is going to make me really look into the Sony for the Etymotics. Thank you,

todd

I was thinking the same thing. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back