Sandisk Clip Sport Plus
Nov 1, 2016 at 12:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

JK1

Headphoneus Supremus
Sandisk has finally come out with a new player. It seems to be a Clip Sport with bluetooth, and 16GB built in.
It seems like an interesting idea. I am a bit disappointed though that it gets only 20 hours of battery life. I was hoping for something like this, but with 50 hours of battery life, and perhaps even a metal enclosure.. It also seems to have a cover over the card slot and usb connector, and is listed as being water resistant.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk-clip-sport-plus-16gb-mp3-player-black/5508200.p?skuId=5508200

Nov 1, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #3 of 11
  Sandisk has finally come out with a new player. It seems to be a Clip Sport with bluetooth, and 16GB built in.
It seems like an interesting idea. I am a bit disappointed though that it gets only 20 hours of battery life. I was hoping for something like this, but with 50 hours of battery life, and perhaps even a metal enclosure.. It also seems to have a cover over the card slot and usb connector, and is listed as being water resistant.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk-clip-sport-plus-16gb-mp3-player-black/5508200.p?skuId=5508200

What card slot?  There's no mention of expandable storage.  I think it's the headphone jack and USB that are covered.  Looks like 16 gig (which is most likely 13 or 14 gigs due to the OS) is it.  Although I would only use this for exercising, but I'd buy it before I would the new X1II because the Bluetooth would work right and I'm familiar with Sansa.  It would be plenty for what I'd use it for.  Thanks for sharing.

Nov 1, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #4 of 11
clips have been getting worst in quality with every generation, up until the first sport they have been compensating, but they know most of thier clients just want to listen to generic 128kb mp3´s

Nov 1, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #5 of 11
  What card slot?  There's no mention of expandable storage.  I think it's the headphone jack and USB that are covered.  Looks like 16 gig (which is most likely 13 or 14 gigs due to the OS) is it.  Although I would only use this for exercising, but I'd buy it before I would the new X1II because the Bluetooth would work right and I'm familiar with Sansa.  It would be plenty for what I'd use it for.  Thanks for sharing.

I finally found it on Sandisk's website. It seems like there is no card slot. The web page also says only 7 hours battery life using bluetooth. I guess someone who wants a cheap player with bluetooth might buy this, however I won't. I might be interest in the Sport Plus if they come out with a 32GB version with double the battery life.

I did buy another 8GB Clip Sport around two weeks ago though.

https://www.sandisk.com/home/mp3-players/clip-sport-plus#specifications-section

Nov 1, 2016 at 10:06 PM Post #6 of 11
It's a good player to run out with. Considering it is somewhat waterproof it would be ideal for those who want to take it out in the snow or rain.
I would have preferred no Bluetooth and yes micro sd.
I find Bluetooth in ears way more heavy than traditional sport in ears. But that's just me.

Nov 2, 2016 at 7:16 PM Post #7 of 11
More information about the Clip Sport Plus.

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/SanDisk-Clip-Sport-Plus/bd-p/SanDisk-Clip-Sport-Plus

Nov 3, 2016 at 9:02 PM Post #8 of 11
I find it funny that the $100 Fiio X1(II) gets 12 hours of battery life using a headphone with a cord, but gets 15 hours using bluetooth,
while the Clip Sport Plus gets 20 hours of battery life using a headphone with a cord, but just 7 hours using bluetooth.
Aside from the price difference though, and the Clip Sport Plus being much more water resistant, the Clip Sport Plus is much smaller,
and only 1.34  ounces vs 3.6 ounces for the Fiio X1(II). The Clip sport Plus also has a built in clip which the Fiio X1(II) lacks.

Nov 4, 2016 at 8:31 AM Post #9 of 11
It depends on the output power, 

The headphone output in the clip is much lower, so it consumes more when running Bluetooth, 
The Fiio X1 II has a higher power output through the headphone out, so it consumes less through Bluetooth, 

Consider that while using bluetooth you´re not the headphone amp in the DAP. 

Nov 4, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #10 of 11
  It depends on the output power, 

The headphone output in the clip is much lower, so it consumes more when running Bluetooth, 
The Fiio X1 II has a higher power output through the headphone out, so it consumes less through Bluetooth, 

Consider that while using bluetooth you´re not the headphone amp in the DAP. 

When I said that I find it funny, I meant amusing, not that I didn't understand it.

Apr 8, 2020 at 7:10 PM Post #11 of 11
I'm thinking of buying this DAP, but first I'd like anybody could confirm that it's possible to bypass the volume limit by changing the region like in the case of other Clip DAP's.
I found these instructions for increasing the volume output on Sandisk players, but unfortunately Clip Sport Plus is not among the models that are mentioned:

https://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7890/~/sansa-player-volume-is-too-low

Users who are viewing this thread

Back