SanDisk 32Gb MicroSDHC
Mar 26, 2010 at 12:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

bjoern

New Head-Fier
Mar 26, 2010 at 12:33 PM Post #2 of 18
Can't wait till it comes down in price. Once it does I will get 3 of them and have over 100GB total space including internal memory for my SFLO:2.

Mar 26, 2010 at 1:45 PM Post #3 of 18
When the price drops below $100USD it might be a great option, but for now costs more than the DAP's themselves. Wait a few months, sales will be all over the net on 32gb microSD cards.

Mar 26, 2010 at 3:00 PM Post #4 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When the price drops below $100USD it might be a great option, but for now costs more than the DAP's themselves. Wait a few months, sales will be all over the net on 32gb microSD cards.

Yea, I'm just glad they are hitting the streets now, they have been talking about releasing these for almost 2 years now.

Mar 26, 2010 at 3:48 PM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by nycdoi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
doesnt this card drain battery life of mp3 players? my clip+ lasted longer without micro sd...

It might but that would be like saying a portable mp3's battery lasts a lot longer if you don't turn it on and use it. Having a large amount of quickly swappable storage is a holy grail for alot of us that listen to lossless audio.

Mar 26, 2010 at 5:11 PM Post #7 of 18
Anyone know what speed class they are? I didn't see it in the linked article. Hopefully not class 2
frown.gif

Mar 26, 2010 at 8:07 PM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by S J /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone know what speed class they are? I didn't see it in the linked article. Hopefully not class 2
frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by nutsnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont mind if they are class 2, sure it may take a little longer to transfer my files to them. But for music playback, it wont really matter.

Exactly, as class 2 is fine for tunes and videos. For other devices the higher class is necessary, for our uses the lower is all we need. And yes, transfer speeds will be slower to put stuff on it, but for the lower price it's worth the wait.
beerchug.gif

Mar 30, 2010 at 3:32 AM Post #13 of 18
Hmm. I'm excited. Although I only have 18 gigs of music now my library is steady growing and with me not buying audio equipment and instead audio CDs, that number is going to go up fast.

Mar 30, 2010 at 4:03 AM Post #14 of 18
Well, if and when my Sansa Fuze has the lovely of lovelies (Rockbox) installed and running, I'll purchase something like this but I get on pretty damn well with just 8 or 16 gigs. My music collection is about 200GB because of ALAC and ASOT, so I just put together music for what I want to hear that day.

Mar 30, 2010 at 4:06 AM Post #15 of 18
Wow. Yea I think I'm just going to use the Clip+ for Classical/New Age/Acoustic genres with my 3X. I'll probably bring the T51 if I'm going out of town or something to use with the Triples or if I want to listen to all of the other genres of music I have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back