San Jose Ca. Mini-Meet
Apr 26, 2004 at 11:33 PM Post #32 of 101
I can bring more if anyone is interested, but the only thing I was planning on that isn't there is my balanced RS-1s and my Senn HD-650s with the balanced Silver Dragon cable. Also, if anyone needs the sources I have the Wadia 830 and the ModWrighted Pioneer 38a, although I should have two sets of RCA connections left over after my gear listed above is taken care of, one of the Linn's and one on the Meridian (or two on the Linn). Might be nice to leave them open for use so that folks who are interested in hearing what they sound like through their amps can have a go at them.

Apr 26, 2004 at 11:44 PM Post #34 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by shafu
On top of my MPX3, I have:

RKV
HD650/Zu cables
HD600/Cardas
Sony C333ES (not modded)

And I for one really want to spend some quality time with both the RKV and the MPX3. I got Dibs!
biggrin.gif

Apr 27, 2004 at 6:29 AM Post #35 of 101
I'm not guaranteed to have that Gilmore Lite ... I'm still deciding on which amp to purchase but hopefully I'll have something to bring.
redface.gif

I can also bring a Pioneer DV-440 if anyone would like. Nothing fancy but it's still a source ... I guess.
tongue.gif

LMK.

Apr 27, 2004 at 9:07 AM Post #36 of 101
ya, you missed my modest collection of cans for a medium size Third World country.
tongue.gif

I can bring an ATH-L3000, ATH-W2002, ATH-W11JPN, ATH-EW9, HP-2 ultrawide cables, another HP-2 ultrawide cables, PS-1 if it arrives in time, MDR-D77. but unless anyone is particularly interested in the others, most likely I will only take the ATH-L3000, one HP-2, and the PS-1 if it gets here by June 13th.

PS Audio P300

Grace Design Model 901 headphone amp

the hammerfall DSP 9632 soundcard if anyone is interested or we need another source

Apr 27, 2004 at 9:11 AM Post #37 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer
I can bring more if anyone is interested....

I would like to try some amps that are a good match for my audio technica and grado cans... can you bring the carlo modded Sugden Headmaster too so I can try that out? I'm open to other suggestions too, and would like to test many combinations out that would bring the best out of my cans.

need to start saving up for my next round of upgrades (sometime after the two california meets).
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 27, 2004 at 9:30 AM Post #38 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
I would like to try some amps that are a good match for my audio technica and grado cans... can you bring the carlo modded Sugden Headmaster too so I can try that out? I'm open to other suggestions too, and would like to test many combinations out that would bring the best out of my cans.

Sure thing, add one carlo modded Headmaster to the gear list!

Apr 27, 2004 at 3:02 PM Post #39 of 101
But.... who's bringing the egg rolls?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 27, 2004 at 11:48 PM Post #41 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by raif
Seriously though, please add me to the wait list, there are alot of AT cans there that I would love to get a chance to listen to.

but I am the only one bringing AT cans... and was only considering bringing the ATH-L3000 on top of that. should I bring more?

btw, I just got the HP-2 from Chefguru.
biggrin.gif
too bad I have to leave right now and cannot listen to them much if at all.
frown.gif
but I will return later today and then I can listen to them a lot.
biggrin.gif

all these cans in my possesion, and this
eggosmile.gif
is the only smilie that they have that corresponds to a can I have. lol

Apr 28, 2004 at 12:08 AM Post #42 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer
And I for one really want to spend some quality time with both the RKV and the MPX3. I got Dibs!
biggrin.gif

You are more than welcome to spend lots of qt with my amps.

As far as AT phones go, I would be interested in the W2002 as well. Only ever got to try out the A1000 myself.

Apr 28, 2004 at 12:47 AM Post #43 of 101
Please bring the W2002 and W11JPN if at all possible, ayt999. By the way, I love the W2002 + modded Sugden combo - simply one of the best headphone systems IMO; I hope that the L3000 has the same synergy as its older brother. And since we have an RKV there, can someone please bring a K1000?!?! The RKV+K1000 combo is one of the best I've heard I am anxious to meet you guys (and some I've met before at the last meet).
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 28, 2004 at 5:36 AM Post #44 of 101
The AKG 1000/RKV combo is awesome. Unfortunately, I sold my AKG not too long ago - it was a little impractical to have since it leaked so much noise. But I already regret selling it!

Sigh... I think I've learned my lesson. I'm not going to sell any thing more unless I *have* to...

Apr 28, 2004 at 6:17 AM Post #45 of 101
so fine, all my AT cans get to go on an outing to san jose.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back