san francisco mini-get together-ish meet
Oct 21, 2005 at 3:06 AM Post #196 of 236
Looking at the list, I probably would bring atleast one source, as the source to cans ratio is atleast 2:1 in favor of the cans. I'd also bring one if you actually are considering buying one of the peices of equipment lsited so that you can hear it to a certain degree on the system you'd be using. Of coruse in certain cases it may not be practical.

This is super childish, but I'm really bubbling with excitement right now. Can't wait to hear a bunch of stuff and to talk with you guys.

Oct 21, 2005 at 4:16 AM Post #197 of 236
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron
BTW, is anybody else coming who is over 40 or am I the Old Man of the Meet?
rolleyes.gif

Well, I'm in your demographics. I feel old at every meet
biggrin.gif

I feel like I should be picking up ayt999 and gear in an amoured car
k1000smile.gif

Oct 21, 2005 at 5:38 AM Post #199 of 236
Don't worry utep10, ayt999 tipped me off to your profile and I discovered that I am exactly 9 months older than you to the day.

Since it seems we are staying in SF, and people are concerned about the safety of their Preciouses, I have hired the Hells Angels for security. If they're good enough for the Rolling Stones, then they are good enough for us. **Now, I am really showing my age. Altamont, anyone?**

Oct 21, 2005 at 10:23 AM Post #200 of 236
Quote:

I have hired the Hells Angels for security. If they're good enough for the Rolling Stones, then they are good enough for us. **Now, I am really showing my age. Altamont, anyone?**

awsome! im bringing my AK-47 just in case. if anything happens call my cell and i'll come shooting! i just hope i dont shoot out any of your gorgeous tubes
tongue.gif

hey fellas, i think more than listening to specific gear, this meet is just about listening in general. gear, music, people. the experience as a whole. i dont know about you guys, but i have to hold myself back around most of my friends or they just get totally lost. "its not wine!"
biggrin.gif
its nice to talk to others who are as compulsive about sound as i am...

Oct 21, 2005 at 11:10 AM Post #201 of 236
I'll agree that this should be more about the experience as a whole (getting to know other enthusiasts and also listeing to gear and all that. Howver I do find it kind of ironic thatwe're hobbyists of an activity that essentially allows us to seclude ourselfs and is an otherwise solo experience... That said I'm veery interested in talking at length with some of you guys.

Oct 21, 2005 at 4:40 PM Post #202 of 236
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils
hey fellas, i think more than listening to specific gear, this meet is just about listening in general. gear, music, people. the experience as a whole. i dont know about you guys, but i have to hold myself back around most of my friends or they just get totally lost. "its not wine!"
biggrin.gif
its nice to talk to others who are as compulsive about sound as i am...

LOL. I totally understand you man. This is going to be a fun meet. I can feel it from our posts. None and I mean NONE of my friends get the headphone fetish <
icon10.gif
>. But that's fine with me, they can all go to hell. hehehehe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by voltron
Since it seems we are staying in SF, and people are concerned about the safety of their Preciouses, I have hired the Hells Angels for security. If they're good enough for the Rolling Stones, then they are good enough for us. **Now, I am really showing my age. Altamont, anyone?**

Dude, I may be 25, but I'm not like living in a cave in the himalayas <that might be interesting though, i've heard some stuff about those caves
blink.gif
> Hehehe, altamount... I love that song, Sympathy for the Devil... I also love Aleister Crowley.. to bad he was insane. Too bad I'm evil. Hmm.. you sure you want me to come on saturday.. I have to add that I generally carry a pool cue with me wherever I go.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Edit: It occurs to me that probably only Voltron will get this post. Oh Well.. showing my rock obsessivness.

Oct 21, 2005 at 7:05 PM Post #203 of 236
Quote:

I have to add that I generally carry a pool cue with me wherever I go.

Forget the Hells Angels, you're hired!

Crowley might have been crazy, but Jimmy Page thought enough of him to buy his house and to quote some of his satanic gibberish on Zeppelin albums.

Well, folks, the meet is tomorrow, and I am looking forward to putting faces with these fake names of ours. You should all have my numbers and the necessary info, but shoot me a PM if you lost track of it.

Oct 21, 2005 at 7:36 PM Post #204 of 236
Quote:

Forget the Hells Angels, you're hired!

Crowley might have been crazy, but Jimmy Page thought enough of him to buy his house and to quote some of his satanic gibberish on Zeppelin albums.

Well, folks, the meet is tomorrow, and I am looking forward to putting faces with these fake names of ours. You should all have my numbers and the necessary info, but shoot me a PM if you lost track of it.

What??? Your name is not Voltron!? ARGH! the Lies... the LIES!

Oct 22, 2005 at 4:07 AM Post #205 of 236
Awfully quiet on the day before the meet. Everybody still on board? I don't think the same fate awaits us, but the meet for Cinncinati that was set for tomorrow got cancelled last minute. Bummer for those guys. I think I will invite them to come to ours instead.

So, I have laid in provisions of junk food, beverages of various kinds, and random snack fare. Hopefully the fog will clear up for the afternoon like it did today so people can hang on the patio for some fresh air.

It seems that gremlins have consumed or carried away all but one free power strip from my house. True that one is a big Monster HT surge protector strip but that is not enough. Please bring one or two strips if you got 'em. I also could find only one large guage extension cord, although ayt999 previously said he was bringing a couple of those too. Toss one in your trunk if you have one in your garage just in case.

I guess that's it for now. See you all tomorrow.

Oct 22, 2005 at 4:31 AM Post #206 of 236
I'm packing.... so many heavy things.

I'll be sure to bring the two 16AWG 50 ft extension things. should be enough right? I don't want to use them and prefer a wall outlet nearby, but others can use the extensions.
wink.gif
I packed four cheater plugs just in case too.

Oct 22, 2005 at 4:36 AM Post #207 of 236
I'm on board. I think it's going to be one of those sleepless nights for me though...

Oct 22, 2005 at 7:18 AM Post #210 of 236
Bring the deck if you feel like it Illah. I don't think we will be short of music in CD or MP3 form but what the heck. i have a box of cassettes you could sift through...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back