San Francisco Bay Area Meet?
Jan 30, 2006 at 5:31 AM Post #136 of 472
This meet is growing increasingly curious for me. I had a mission for the Maxi meet, and heh, I don't know what I'd do exactly at this one. I see the Glite and the M3, maybe I'll spend my time with that stuff....

Jan 30, 2006 at 5:58 AM Post #137 of 472
I know I'm going to be checking out those Airheads, HD650's, DT990's, and that Aria. I'll probably be doing some A/B'ing with some DAC's and IC's to see if my hearing is even sensitive enough to tell the difference.

Like my new avatar?

Jan 30, 2006 at 6:08 AM Post #138 of 472
Yeah it's pretty cool. Hopefully whereever we pick, there's enough space, so that we can actually get some good impressions going. I figure my next acquisition might be a GLite so hopefully not much interest in it
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 30, 2006 at 7:44 AM Post #139 of 472
don't forget quiet. i remember last time at the san mateo location, we didn't exactly put silence in the equation, so all the discussions and listening ended up occurring in the same room.

and by the way, my decision is final, so the questionmark on my name should be deleted.

Jan 30, 2006 at 1:01 PM Post #140 of 472
Quote:

Originally Posted by strogg
don't forget quiet. i remember last time at the san mateo location, we didn't exactly put silence in the equation, so all the discussions and listening ended up occurring in the same room.

and by the way, my decision is final, so the questionmark on my name should be deleted.

I'm not gong to expect silence or anything remotely near it, but I think listenng levels should be low enough to get good impressions. My hope is that with either location we could possible havea chatting area, and the listening area in different vicinities as to minimize intrusion.

Jan 30, 2006 at 4:54 PM Post #141 of 472
Regarding Saratoga:
Silence shoudn't be an issue. We have several rooms for your listening an chatting pleasure
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh, btw, hopefully I'll actually have an HEV90 as well at this meet. We'll see.

Jan 30, 2006 at 6:40 PM Post #142 of 472
Quote:

Originally Posted by strogg

That was not due to any limitation of the location.
tongue.gif
The reason I had recommended the tea shop last time was because the room was a good size and had ample outlets, and there was a big hallway outside the room plus the tea shop downstairs with tables for people to chat. But as always, people eneded talking around their gears. If I remember correctly, we had discuss about the noise issue prior to that meet, and had asked people to observe some "meet etiquette". But as always, any suggestion of any type of "rules" always meets some type of resistance around here. And people gets too excited at the meets and forgot all about it anyways.

It's going to be an issue no matter which location we choose. We can either have a "noise police" that patrols around to remind people to have discussions outside, or designate one room to be the "quiet" zone.

Jan 30, 2006 at 9:23 PM Post #143 of 472
hehe, I'm sure we'll be able to work that out. Worst case, I'll just have to badger people about it
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 31, 2006 at 12:56 AM Post #144 of 472
A couple of reasons for posting.

One, I am going to buy Sleestack's XR-10B so if we are in Saratoga I will bring a TT and that beauty. Neil will have to provide some speakers and an amp, but from the sound of it, those are already in place.

Two, I am hoping that we can make the date decision sooner rather than later for planning purposes. Running the poll until 2/9 seems kind of late to lock this in for so many people. How are others feeling about this? I know the polling is close for 2/25 and 3/4 but the latter date precludes doing the meet in Saratoga. My vote is to make a decision soon, whatever it is. It would be nice if we could make it so everybody could make one date, but it never works out that way.

And Crimson Tear, nice new avvy. Quite appropriate.

Jan 31, 2006 at 1:15 AM Post #145 of 472
Thanks, no skill in making it on my part, just some cropping, hue/satration/darkness tweaks, and a bit of level manipulation to make it look a little thicker and red like blood. Unfortunately I don't have the skill or the equipment to take pictures like that. The full sized original looks beautiful.

I'm all for locking the date in now, as long as we go with the 25th.
biggrin.gif

Is the XR-10B a phonostage or cartridge?

And damn, neilvg, you're definately getting quite the high-end setup.

Jan 31, 2006 at 1:22 AM Post #146 of 472
I'm all for ending the poll/date decision sooner than the 9th. I may have a k701 and a MPX3 with a bunch of tubes as well, but it really depends on how fast I can decide.

Jan 31, 2006 at 5:51 AM Post #148 of 472
Regarding photos of the meet, Ti and I request you do not post pictures of us on the internet, as we like to keep real life and internet life separate. Feel free to post pictures of equipment.

Jan 31, 2006 at 6:03 AM Post #149 of 472
Quote:

Originally Posted by morsel
Regarding photos of the meet, Ti and I request you do not post pictures of us on the internet, as we like to keep real life and internet life separate. Feel free to post pictures of equipment.

Honestly, I think that something like that would be better posted in a few weeks as I expect this thread to get quite a bit longer, especially as the meet date/time approaches. I think it's helpful that you established that early on, but again, I think it'll just get lost.

Jan 31, 2006 at 6:56 AM Post #150 of 472
Argh! I won't be in town until the 12th, unfortunately, and will be here until the 19th. Guess I won't get to go :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back