San Diego Meet
Dec 5, 2005 at 9:55 AM Post #46 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by cotdt
What time does it start? Would noon be a good time to start showing up?

Sounds good to me. Just updated the OP with directions/time and equipment list. The L3000s are just not gonna make it... even if I got a shipping notice tomorrow and they arrived by Thurs not enough time for burnin. Looks like we have a pretty well rounded list of gear at various price points. Anyone have some decent power cords and/or power conditioners? I'll bring some extra junker computer PCs just in case.

Anyone object to only 5 hours? I've never been to a meet before so I don't know if these can drag on or what. I have to literally move out of my condo on Sunday to prepare it for a renter... long story but I'd prefer to start it earlier than end it later, need alot of prep before I begin moving my stuff downtown Sunday AM.

Dec 5, 2005 at 7:27 PM Post #47 of 68
I might make it to this. Turns out this meet is the same distance from my house as the other planned SoCal meet.
biggrin.gif

If I do, I plan on bringing:

Sennheiser HD600 with Cardas Cable
Ray Samuels Audio Emmeline "The Hornet"
CIAudio VDA1 DAC
iRiver H120 with Rockbox firmware and FLAC encoded music (music file transport for VDA1)
Emprex portable DVD player w/ Optical Out (DVD/CD transport for VDA1)
Firestone Audio "Fubar" USB DAC V.1
6 ft. Glass Optical Fiber TOSlink Cable
MagWires Litz RCA to mini cable
Monster Power Bar PB1100 (waiting for delivery) or
Monster HTS1000 (if PB1100 doesn't arrive in time)

Note that the Fubar DAC in my list was the one previously owned by feoteng2003 that he listed he was bringing earlier. So if I don't show up, it won't be there. Also I won't have a PC transport to hook it up to, so if someone has an extra USB slot on theirs, that would be great. Otherwise we just won't use it.

I just put in an order for some TOSlink to mini converters, but if they don't arrive in time, can someone bring an extra if they have one?

It looks like we are really covered for low to mid-priced DAC's at this meet.

bobeau, thanks for offering to host. You should have let everyone know about your moving out situation though. I hope we're not inconveniencing you.

Are there going to be enough tables, chairs, and power outlets?

Dec 6, 2005 at 2:14 AM Post #48 of 68
Thanks Borat, looks like you have a nice assortment there. Hope you can join us!

Honestly the whole moving out thing was figured out just days ago, I had no clue it would be so soon. Kinda difficult to explain, it's a bit of a rush job in order to do what I can to save a locked interest rate on a loft I'm closing next month (I need a 12 month lease 1 month in advance of close to qualify rent as earned income). The meet location/time was decided way in advance so by no means do I feel it's an inconvenience, on the contrary this new development is the inconvenience. But I'd love to keep my sanity while I'm still young, so if anyone feels we need more time lets tack it on to the morning, pretty please.
biggrin.gif

I talked to the lady who administrates the clubhouse and it sounds like there will be enough chairs/tablespace available. We will do a walkthru on Wednesday or Thurs. I'll make a run for some snacks and stuff like that, but aside from some various bubble wrap I don't really have proper material to rest the equipment on. So if anyone has some good stuff that would be much appreciated...

Dec 6, 2005 at 2:18 AM Post #49 of 68
Hey Borat,

I just noticed you have some guitar gear... maybe you could bring your Princeton down (is it vintage or reissue?). I'm thinking of getting a black/early silveface Princeton Reverb sometime soon. I'm in the process of paring down most of my guitar gear, but I'll be keeping my LP '57 reissue, Grosh strat, Aiken Invader, Huss & Dalton acoustic.

Dec 6, 2005 at 2:34 AM Post #50 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobeau
Hey Borat,

I just noticed you have some guitar gear... maybe you could bring your Princeton down (is it vintage or reissue?). I'm thinking of getting a black/early silveface Princeton Reverb sometime soon. I'm in the process of paring down most of my guitar gear, but I'll be keeping my LP '57 reissue, Grosh strat, Aiken Invader, Huss & Dalton acoustic.

Hahah. Oh no, it's not vintage or reissue. It's a Princeton 65 (watt) amp, and not the newer DSP version. It's from like 2000 or so. It's just a bedroom practice amp, I wouldn't recommend gigging with it. Basically, it's not very good.
tongue.gif

One of my buddies had one of those older Princeton Reverbs in high school. It was pretty nice.

I'm really going to try and make this meet. Basically, all of the DAC's I am looking at in my price range will be represented (if the person who owns the HeadRoom Micro DAC comes). But MHDT Lab Dialogue II and ack! dack! 2.0 are really interesting. Are those both yours bobeau?

I plan on making the rounds with my iRiver H120, Hornet, Glass TOS, and Litz RCA-Mini and evaluate those DAC's compared to my CIAudio. That should be really fun.

Dec 6, 2005 at 2:51 AM Post #51 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobeau
But I'd love to keep my sanity while I'm still young, so if anyone feels we need more time lets tack it on to the morning, pretty please.
biggrin.gif

It's your party bobeau. We should start whenever you feel like it.

Time flies at meets from my brief experience. If you are planning on getting out at 5 pm or so, we should probably start it earlier than 12 pm in my opinion. But it's up to you.

Dec 6, 2005 at 4:34 AM Post #52 of 68
Yeah, the Dialogue II and Ack are mine. Alrighty, I'll set the start for 11. I'll also add your stuff to the list as tentative.

Dec 6, 2005 at 4:57 AM Post #53 of 68
Just toured the clubhouse, here are some photos. There are plenty of chairs and space (1 large room and two smaller rooms), but just a large desk, smallish round table, and a 'nook' off to the side. I'll likely bring my coffee/dining tables down, hopefully that will do it. Heck we might be able to pull in some of the poolside tables
biggrin.gif

If anyone has some easy to transport folding tables please let me know if you can bring them.

i6xtz5.jpg

i6ytdk.jpg

i6yt50.jpg

i6yt84.jpg

i6ytck.jpg

Dec 6, 2005 at 5:07 AM Post #54 of 68
Believe it or not, got a shipping notice for the L3000 drivers today. Okay, if they arrive by Thurs I'll install and have them on constant burn-in until the meet.

But hey if not, anyone is free to listen to them as is, [muwwhahhah]

i6z2vn.jpg

Dec 6, 2005 at 7:50 PM Post #55 of 68
Outstanding !!! Sorry to have been out of touch but last week of school, family visits, two desert trips and out to AZ last weeked. I have a folding table to bring. The earlier the better for me as well. Bring the L3000 for burn-in yEa!

EDIT: to say what a sad pic on the AT -

Dec 6, 2005 at 8:28 PM Post #56 of 68
That clubhouse looks great! Thanks for taking the pics. I've been in some condo community clubhouses before and they are not usually that nice.

I would advise people to bring extension cords if they have some because it looks like there are only a few power outlets. At worst, we will probably have to daisy chain a bunch of power strips. But extensions would probably work better.

Also, if you have a roll of masking tape and a Sharpie, that would work great for making nametags.
biggrin.gif

Poor Leatherheads.
frown.gif
biggrin.gif

Dec 7, 2005 at 1:19 AM Post #57 of 68
This sounds cool. I will bring:

Sources:
Music Hall CD25 (hopefully I'll receive my new opamps for it before Sat)
iPod 5G
iPod nano

Amp/Phones:
Stax 3030 (Classic System)
Etymotic 4P/4S
Supermacro v3

Cables:
Signal Cable Magic Power
Jellyfish Power
Zu Oxyfuel interconnects

Can't wait to try the SinglePower and everything else!

Dec 7, 2005 at 1:19 AM Post #58 of 68

Sources:
iPod 5G
iPod nano

Amp/Phones:
Etymotic 4P/4S
Supermacro v3

Cables:
Signal Cable Magic Power
Jellyfish Power
Zu Oxyfuel interconnects
At least one extension cord

Dec 7, 2005 at 1:20 AM Post #59 of 68

Sources:
iPod 5G
iPod nano

Amp/Phones:
Etymotic 4P/4S
Supermacro v3

Cables:
Signal Cable Magic Power
Jellyfish Power
Zu Oxyfuel interconnects
At least one extension cord

Dec 7, 2005 at 6:01 AM Post #60 of 68
i'll definitely try to make it out there before noon.. if i can drag myself out of bed, lol.

this will be my first meet, so i'm not really sure what to expect. really looking forward to it, though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back