San Diego Meet
Dec 8, 2005 at 7:34 PM Post #61 of 68
Guys,

I'm presently listening to the L3000s with the new drivers.
orphsmile.gif
So I'll be adding them back to the OP...

Canloader has said he'll bring a folding table (much thanks), but we probably could use another one or two, certainly would make things more comfy. Looking at the list of gear it seems it might be a challenge with the available tablespace, not to mention room for snacks, soda, etc.

Just 2 more days!

Dec 10, 2005 at 10:34 AM Post #63 of 68
In case anyone was interested in listening to my rather limited brinings, I'll be pulling out of this meet as there'll be an LA area meet coming up this January...Which is a good couple hours closer...

That, and I'd feel sorry for the poor soul who happened to be the first to greet me after a three hour or longer drive
wink.gif

Dec 11, 2005 at 3:50 AM Post #67 of 68
Impressions (Hornet, Micro AMP, Micro DAC, CIAudio VDA∙1 DAC)?
biggrin.gif

Dec 11, 2005 at 9:18 AM Post #68 of 68
I'll give you some of my impressions from the meet:

- I figured out I love Grados. It's my first time with them, and I fell in love with the HF-1's at the meet.
- The Singlepower PPX Slam is one hell of a headphone amp.
- I also fell in love with the Ack Dack 2.0 with upgraded caps. For me it easily bested all the other DAC's there (can't remember which ones exactly). We were speculating it could be because the Ack runs on battery power, so it had a huge advantage over all the other dirtily powered ones.
- I compared the Hornet and the Supermacro v3 with OPA627 opamps (sourced by my iPod and playing through HF-1's). For my ears, I slightly preferred the Supermacro, but they were very similar. I don't think I could remember a difference unless I had them side by side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back