SAN DIEGO Meet, April 23
Mar 15, 2011 at 10:56 PM Post #76 of 284
I'm on a roll, here's another FWIW for those in the market for a DAC/amp.
I'll be bring my Matrix mini-i DAC / headamp to the meet.
It too will be for sale, i'm in no hurry to sell it but I have too many DACs.
Perfect condition, newer model with the (better quality) green Muse capacitors inside. 
$240 cash takes it.

Mar 16, 2011 at 12:12 AM Post #77 of 284
I am in the market for an external DAC, I would like to move into a laptop full time in the future.

I hope a couple of different options show up at the meetup
regular_smile%20.gif

wonder if we could get the Devilsound guys to bring some of their gear to demo, they are in San Diego I heard?

http://www.devilsound.com/

Mar 16, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #78 of 284
Depending if I order and receive my HE-6 by the time of the meet.  I might be selling my DT880s.  Just a heads up to anyone interested
dt880smile.png

Funny how there are sales going on in this thread hehehe

Mar 16, 2011 at 2:02 AM Post #79 of 284
The T50 sounds pretty nasty out of the box, resonant, dull, and muddy, but pretty minimal mods make it quite nice, actually.  I only invested the time because I thought it would be fun to see if mid-fi could become hi-fi and I think the results have shown yes...  But people can judge for themselves.  I can bring some mod-supplies too, as I have some extra modeling clay and Paxmate...

It's not an LCD-2, but I find myself reaching for it over my 650s, almost all the time.  I'm probably going to have a couple of variations, as I ordered some extras to tweak as gifts, and this will let me A/B my mods...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Mar 16, 2011 at 2:27 AM Post #80 of 284
You got that right, hit the dull and muddy nail right on the head!
And I did just listen to it today for the first time  "right out of the box".
They were ordered in mid December and i just received them today.
The factory has been in constant backorder status on these for quite sometime now.
I guess they are becoming popular.

I'm sure some burn in and mods would make them sound much better. As is, they arent my cup of tea.
I cant wait to hear some modded T50RP's at the meet, seems likely they will be there in abundance.
Other "must hears" on my list are the ESP-950's and the HE-6 if some are there to be heard.
Of course, Milos' stats are also way high on my list. (if he shows)

Mar 17, 2011 at 10:28 PM Post #84 of 284
^^^ Hey mine too, happy birthday man.

Mar 18, 2011 at 3:11 AM Post #86 of 284
OH Haha. Nevermind
blink.gif

Mar 19, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #87 of 284
I know a lot of locals are bringing modded t50rp's. I'm posting here to see if anyone has some spare modding materials that I can buy off you guys locally.
Shoot me a PM. Thanks!

Mar 20, 2011 at 2:19 AM Post #88 of 284
If anyone is interested, I will be selling my Burson HA-160D/LCD-2 Combo at the meet for $2000 cash. Or 1k each. :) 
I'm pretty sure I'll be sold by the Stax at the meet and need all the funds I can get. Haha.

Mar 20, 2011 at 6:06 AM Post #89 of 284

Quote:
If anyone is interested, I will be selling my Burson HA-160D/LCD-2 Combo at the meet for $2000 cash. Or 1k each. :) 
I'm pretty sure I'll be sold by the Stax at the meet and need all the funds I can get. Haha.

Oh you sad!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back