San Diego headphones group or club?
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 12, 2023 at 6:57 PM Post #17 of 42
I should probably watch this thread. I’d missed the last few replies :).

Jun 28, 2023 at 9:17 AM Post #18 of 42
Hey I am also a San Diegan! Pretty new to the hobby (6months) but I can bring the little gear I do have. Happy to lend anything to anyone local to try out. Mostly into iems now and have gone through about a dozen in a short few months.

Jun 28, 2023 at 10:59 PM Post #19 of 42
I think we have enough excitement going to start planning something! If we plan something for, let's say the second week of August, we'd have enough time to get the word out. Any ideas where we can host this?

Jun 28, 2023 at 11:44 PM Post #20 of 42
Did a very quick Google search. There's a room that can fit up to 40 people at the central library. For a 2 hour rental it would be about $150.

Jun 28, 2023 at 11:46 PM Post #21 of 42
Did a very quick Google search. There's a room that can fit up to 40 people at the central library. For a 2 hour rental it would be about $150.
Smaller, cheaper, and perhaps a little longer would be my preference? I don’t think we’ll have near that many. Someone in the thread mentioned a community room for their HOA?

Jun 28, 2023 at 11:56 PM Post #22 of 42
Smaller, cheaper, and perhaps a little longer would be my preference? I don’t think we’ll have near that many. Someone in the thread mentioned a community room for their HOA?
I wasnt sure how many might be interested so I overestimated lol. I'm wondering if anyone has maybe a conference room at their work that would be empty on a Saturday or Sunday. Would have to have a cool boss though 😎

Jun 29, 2023 at 12:22 AM Post #23 of 42
@iamoneagain mentioned his condo's room, 10-20 people. That sounds perfect to me, all we would need is a table or two for amps and dacs. I like the August timeline. I can bring whatever gear on my signature list that people want to hear/try.

Jun 29, 2023 at 1:28 AM Post #24 of 42
As far as dates, how about tentatively scheduling our meeting for August 12 at around 1pm? I may also be able to book a room at my workplace in La Jolla right on the water.....

Update: I reserved a space for August 19th / August 27th from 12:30 - 3:30pm / 1pm-4pm (look in further posts for more info or when it's announced more officially) at North University Community Library in the UTC/La Jolla area.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2023 at 1:35 AM Post #25 of 42
That time and date is ideal for me. I'll be out of town early August.

Jun 29, 2023 at 2:04 AM Post #26 of 42
That works for me as well.

Jun 29, 2023 at 8:53 AM Post #27 of 42
I’m out of town until end of Aug so I can’t make the La Jolla meet.

I’d be happy to host some other time. I found out my place can host 40-50 people but would like to keep smaller due to equipment. They can supply chairs and have several tables and can supply an additional one as well. I’d just need to give advance notice and put down a security deposit. And Sundays would be best because street parking is free. I’m downtown in Cortez Hill area.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2023 at 9:09 AM Post #28 of 42
My little pile of stuff will look so meek compared to most of you I'm sure 😅

Jun 29, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #29 of 42
If date not set in stone for La Jolla yet, I could attend Aug 27th. I have ZMF Caldera and Naim Uniti Atom HE.

And if I host, probably should be a little while since SoCal CanJam is in Sept.

Jun 29, 2023 at 11:44 PM Post #30 of 42
Yeah I hope so. I get a little overwhelmed at CanJam, so would be nice to listen to other people’s gear in a small setting. Plus could see how my headphones sound on different setups. Not sure if a new thread with interest check in the title would help?
Yeah, I went to last year's Canjam. It was fun reconnecting with some people I met at previous local meets when I was living in LA. As for auditioning gear, it was pretty much over for me when the crowd started to swell past mid-morning. Nothing beats demoing gear at home when participating in loaner tours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back