San Diego - Any interest? I can try to find a decent venue at a low price. I KNOW there are lots of Head Fi-ers from San Diego.
Mar 29, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #46 of 109
I am in the market for new head phones and would love an opportunity to hear different makes of head phones. I'd also like to get am idea of how people are listening to digital music. Are people using a DAC, Head Phone Amp or just an iPod.

Thanks Head-Fi and community for trying to put this together. 

I found out about the meets on the Tech Zilla CES headphone review.

Apr 2, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #48 of 109
I apologize, but I am going to have to back out of this. Couple of things coming up so I'm getting pulled into too many directions - and I have the BIG meet to plan too. Best of luck.

Apr 6, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #49 of 109
Any update on this? Would still like to go even if it's just a small group.

Apr 10, 2012 at 12:27 PM Post #51 of 109

Quote:
Still interested as well.  Anyone sign up for the LA meet??? it's this month!!!

Oh, I thought that was happening in Aug.  Could be why interest in this meet fell off.  I might end up going.  

Found the post of the one this month.  Thanks for the heads up.

Apr 10, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #52 of 109
There will be meets both this month and in August. The meet at The Village this month will be a smaller affair. If you want to go, you better RSVP ASAP. The meet in August will be a bigger one (see my sig.)

Interest fell off with this one because a location was not secured.

Apr 10, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #53 of 109

Quote:
There will be meets both this month and in August. The meet at The Village this month will be a smaller affair. If you want to go, you better RSVP ASAP. The meet in August will be a bigger one (see my sig.)

Interest fell off with this one because a location was not secured.

Yeah, I replied for The Village after I saw the post.  That looks more interesting than the Aug event just because I prefer the smaller meets.  Still plan to attend both.

Not sure how it works here, but as I said, in Seattle, it was free to book something at the library.  So that may be an option here.  I've got my hands full with a new baby, so I'm not up for the task of organizing anything.

Apr 15, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #54 of 109
I won;t be able to set this up any longer for next month.  A personal event has occurred and I need to take care of it...Im so sorry and was even ready to offer up my own home to use as a venue but this takes precedence.  Maybe once things have settled I will set up the next event.  otherwise someone please take the lead on this and host the event if you are up for it.

Again, my apologies.

Apr 28, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #55 of 109
Hey guys-

The SDMAG audio society has used a rec center building that's in a park on Genesee Ave. just south of Clairemont Mesa Blvd, at 4421 Bannock Ave. The upsides; it's reasonably central with plenty of parking and free to use for nonprofits. Downsides, it's a rec center building with a distinct 60's-institutional ambiance, less than stellar acoustics and the park may be busy on a weekend. Anybody like this idea? We would probably have to bring some tables and power strips, but chairs are abundant and "fine dining" is just across 805 in Kearney Mesa.

May 4, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #56 of 109
Quote:
Hey guys-

The SDMAG audio society has used a rec center building that's in a park on Genesee Ave. just south of Clairemont Mesa Blvd, at 4421 Bannock Ave. The upsides; it's reasonably central with plenty of parking and free to use for nonprofits. Downsides, it's a rec center building with a distinct 60's-institutional ambiance, less than stellar acoustics and the park may be busy on a weekend. Anybody like this idea? We would probably have to bring some tables and power strips, but chairs are abundant and "fine dining" is just across 805 in Kearney Mesa.

Don't think we will have to worry about acoustics seeing as it will be a headphone meet.  I for one like the idea, would you be organizing it?

May 4, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #57 of 109
I'm still up for a San Diego meet.  Yeah, don't really care what the space is.  I also checked and the libraries here charge $50 an hour, so rec center sounds good.

May 5, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #58 of 109
Acoustics count in terms of it being a "live" room with hard surfaces, where conversation will echo rather than being absorbed - a consideration for those with non-isolating phones.

I will try to drop by sometime this week to talk with park personnel, see what's required.

Assuming everyone would prefer a Saturday afternoon, or possibly Sunday? Building may not be available, just one more question.

So who's interested? What date would you prefer?

May 13, 2012 at 3:26 AM Post #59 of 109
Hey everyone I seem to be late to the party but I am very new to this world and just sorta jumping in feet first. I am rather busy with finals and such until tuesday but I live in either north county or east county depending on if I am home or at school. Would be interested in meeting some of you guys and learning from all of you. I wont even have my headphones until the end of next week just ordered them the technica ath m50's.

May 15, 2012 at 1:08 AM Post #60 of 109
I am new here, but I can drive to San Diego, either Saturday or Sunday would be good.  I've subscribed to this thread.  Hope this comes off.  I would like to go to the LA meet in August as well, but I loathe the LA/LAX traffic
confused_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back