San Diego - Any interest? I can try to find a decent venue at a low price. I KNOW there are lots of Head Fi-ers from San Diego.
Mar 17, 2012 at 6:05 PM Post #31 of 109
I'd just be toting along the Objective 2 Amp, PortaPros, and the AKG K500. I don't suppose anyone has a K501 so we can compare them?

As for specific dates, I think weekends would be best, anytime in April.

Mar 18, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #32 of 109
Living in SoCal I'm normally in the area partying in Tijuana and eating tacos.
wink_face.gif

I'm most definitly interested in going and auditioning my HeadRoom Ultra amp and Grado PS1000 if in fact this gathering goes down. In case it does, I might even bring some tacos
wink_face.gif

Mar 18, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #33 of 109
Living in SoCal I'm normally in the area partying in Tijuana and eating tacos.:wink_face:
I'm most definitly interested in going and auditioning my HeadRoom Ultra amp and Grado PS1000 if in fact this gathering goes down. In case it does, I might even bring some tacos :wink_face: .

:O
Tacos? Please do.

Mar 19, 2012 at 3:04 AM Post #34 of 109
How does May 5th sound to everyone?  so far it seems that there are 15 of us.  Would you guys be willing to chip in 10-20 dollars for rent of a room?  I can't use my works common area.

Mar 19, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #38 of 109
Cinco de mayo?

Mar 21, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #41 of 109
Hello from North County SD. I'm in whatever date you like, especially on a weekend.

Magedark, I can bring my old faithful AKG 501s for you.

Rightous, that'd be swell! The K501 holds a special place in my heart.

I also have someone else who is a non-headfier who is thinking of coming. I'll have to confirm with him.

Mar 22, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #42 of 109
Before this meet, the San Diego Music and Arts Group invites Head-fiers to a special headphone-themed meeting. One of the SDMAG members has built a couple of tubed HP amps and invites folks to bring their favorite cans and amps for comparisons.

Saturday, April 21, 2012 from 1-4 p.m.

at the Stereo Unlimited store

3191 Sports Arena Blvd., San Diego.

SDMAG covers all hi-fi, mostly big stuff like speakers. But 'phones and their fans are always welcome.

As to the official Head-fi meet, still May 5? I'd be glad to contribute to room costs, etc. For the 2011 meet, one of the big iem makers stepped up, and offered pretty good deals, too, for those buying at the meet. Something to consider.

Mar 23, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #44 of 109
I'm from the inland empire but it looks like I'll be able to make it on May 5th, dad was going to a comedy show out there anyways so he can drop me off, I'll have Shure 940 and AKG K240. Don't think I want to bring my desktop with its PCI M-Audio 192 DAC, if anyone wants to hear it though I can bring it, I move it around a lot anyways.

Id be able to chip in some money too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back