San Diego - Any interest? I can try to find a decent venue at a low price. I KNOW there are lots of Head Fi-ers from San Diego.
Feb 9, 2012 at 4:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 109

pandab55

100+ Head-Fier
Would any sponsors be interested
 in coming and bringing gear?  How many people would you want to see sign up before you decide to come?

Maybe March or April would be a good time frame.  If we could get a bunch of vendors out displaying products as well as fellow head-fiers showing off their own gear it could be a great time for everyone.

Let me know what you think.

Feb 10, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #2 of 109
Would any sponsors be interested
 in coming and bringing gear?  How many people would you want to see sign up before you decide to come?

Maybe March or April would be a good time frame.  If we could get a bunch of vendors out displaying products as well as fellow head-fiers showing off their own gear it could be a great time for everyone.

Let me know what you think.

I don't live out there but ill be in the area March 17-25. Don't schedule around me, because im a far off maybe, I'd bring my Shure 940 and AKG K240, just for variety. If anyone wants to feel bass that will knock their glasses off, i can grab my XB500.

Feb 10, 2012 at 11:43 PM Post #3 of 109
Funny, I was just posting in a Seattle meet thread that I haven't seen San Diego meets pop up much.   I moving down there sometime next month, so I'd be up for an April meet.  I can bring the Leatherhead ATH-L3000 and DHA3000 amp/dac combo.

Feb 14, 2012 at 11:57 AM Post #5 of 109
In Seattle, the meets were almost quarterly.  Four year ago they started off small with less than 10 people and no vendors but the last meet had close to 100 people and several vendors..  When I left the Bay Area they were already like that.  Curious to see what kind of turn out San Diego gets.  

Even the small meets where fun.  They were usually hosted free at different libraries and then some of the vendors started offering their space for the last few meets.  So hopefully we can get more people interested. 

Feb 15, 2012 at 3:57 AM Post #6 of 109
I'd definitely be interested in coming, with or without vendor support. I imagine the smaller meets can be just as interesting, but as this would be my first, I know not.  

For low/mid fidelity/budget, I'd be happy to bring:

Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80Ω
Grado SR80i
Koss PortaPros

NuForce uDAC-2
Fiios E11 Amp

Not to mention a laptop, a few PMPs and some decent tunage (FLAC & V0 LAME) to demo the gear. I also have lots of spare extension cords, power strips/surge protectors that may come in handy, depending on the layout of the venue.

Slightly-OTT: Do vendors/members ever demo in-ears or even earbuds? Has anyone come up with a (relatively) sanitary way of doing it? Do you bring your own tips/foams and H2O2?

Feb 15, 2012 at 4:59 AM Post #7 of 109
Not sure how my schedule is going to look like but I am totally in 
biggrin.gif

Feb 15, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #8 of 109
Yeah, small meets are really fun. We occasionally have secret mini meets with just 6 people.  Vendors were great since they brought headphones like the PS1000 and K1000 and amps that wouldn't have been there otherwise.  So I'd be up for a meet even if turn out is really small.

Quote:
I'd definitely be interested in coming, with or without vendor support. I imagine the smaller meets can be just as interesting, but as this would be my first, I know not.  

For low/mid fidelity/budget, I'd be happy to bring:

Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80Ω
Grado SR80i
Koss PortaPros

NuForce uDAC-2
Fiios E11 Amp

Not to mention a laptop, a few PMPs and some decent tunage (FLAC & V0 LAME) to demo the gear. I also have lots of spare extension cords, power strips/surge protectors that may come in handy, depending on the layout of the venue.

Slightly-OTT: Do vendors/members ever demo in-ears or even earbuds? Has anyone come up with a (relatively) sanitary way of doing it? Do you bring your own tips/foams and H2O2?

Feb 15, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #9 of 109
I will start looking into possible places we can use to meet up.  Possibly the conference room at my company on a Sat or Sun.

Fiio E7 Amp
Hifiman HF2A
Hifiman HE4
Hifiman HE300
triple fi's with silver cables

macbook air as the source or iphone

Feb 24, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #13 of 109
Is the HF2A the Head-Fi version of the EF2? If so, I'd be very interested in demoing that at the meet.

Quote:
I will start looking into possible places we can use to meet up.  Possibly the conference room at my company on a Sat or Sun.

Fiio E7 Amp
Hifiman HF2A
Hifiman HE4
Hifiman HE300
triple fi's with silver cables

macbook air as the source or iphone

Feb 25, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #14 of 109
Absolutely. I could bring some records, my Sony 2251/Black Widow(which would be rewired by then)/V15-vMR combo, my marantz 2275, and my Sennheiser HD-650's.

Thanks!

MacKat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back