San Antonio meet, any interest?
Sep 11, 2015 at 12:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

NocelCrown

New Head-Fier
Hi Head-fiers, are there any small local head-fi meets that take place in San Antonio? Or would any people be interested in organizing one? I'm having a hard time deciding on a desktop amp and dac combo, and I think it'd be great if I could demo some other people's gear, while also getting to meet local Head-fi members!

Sep 12, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #2 of 34
Its coming up on nearly 2 years from when there was a meet in Austin. I am not sure when the last time there was a big meet in Texas, but I think it is over due 100%. You have my bump.

Sep 12, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #3 of 34
Thanks I'mSparticus, and that's kinda disheartening to hear. Not even Austin in two years? You'd think there wasn't an audiophile community here in Texas at all. But I wonder what'd it take to get a meet going in the first place. Seems kinda overwhelming to think about.

Sep 13, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #4 of 34
I'm in Houston. Looks like there was a meet last year in July. Not sure how big it was (I haven't gone to see if there are any impressions threads but will do that soon) but it would be nice if we could organize something in one of the major Texas cities again. I'm just now getting into high-end audio so I'm very much a newbie around here, but I think a meet would help me learn a lot more. I'll keep an eye on this thread and let y'all know if anything comes up around here.

Sep 14, 2015 at 3:22 AM Post #6 of 34
Well, that's already four people. I wonder what'd it'd truly take to get a meet going, and how we can get in contact with more Texas Head-fiers. I for one would be happy if we could at least twenty people together for a small and lively meet up.

Sep 14, 2015 at 9:58 AM Post #7 of 34
I could be persuaded (La Grange) even if it is 120 miles.  I've been to several Austin meets and even, gasp, a Houston meet or two a few years back.

I think the problem is that the movers and shakers, meaning organizers, don't seem to be interested anymore.  It's a lot of work and bother to do this.  Maxvla was the force behind the Austin meets but he lives in OKC.  Don't know what he's up to at present.

Sep 14, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #8 of 34
Austinite here, down for whatever.

Sep 14, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #9 of 34
I am an Austinite. I am in for any meet in TX.

Sep 14, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #10 of 34
Maybe Austin would be a good starting point to hold a meet, but we'd need a location or host. I'm also willing to pitch in for food and refreshments as incentive to get this ball rolling and make any planned meet more lively. As far as gear to audition, I only have my Audeze el8c and am about to pull the trigger on getting JDS Labs C5D or Element. That or the iBasso D14.

Sep 14, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #11 of 34
I second NocelCrown. Austin would be a great location but of course it is up to whoever wants to host in the Houston-San Antonio-Austin area.. I'd be willing to help pitch in, though I can't personally host the event since I live in an apartment.

LET'S MAKE THIS A THING PLEASE!!!

Sep 14, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #12 of 34
Oh Yeah! AUSTIN please :)

I will bring in the following:

Aurender x100L, PS Audio DirectStream, WA5, AB-1266, HEK, LCD-3.

Sep 14, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #13 of 34
I'm from Houston, but Austin or San Antonio would be great. Hope this works out.

Sep 14, 2015 at 5:42 PM Post #14 of 34
I'd love to meet wherever, but as I have a 6-month old daughter, it's hard for me to travel much right now. Plus I'd be the one guy who brings his X1 and nothing else (I don't have anything else yet!). I can bring refreshments!
Looks like the last Texas meet was pretty small. Maybe 5-10 people. There are some pretty great gear pics in the thread, though. Very lust-worthy stuff.
Anyway, let's all keep this thread going and see if we can't set something up!

Sep 14, 2015 at 11:17 PM Post #15 of 34
Well, I think our biggest thing right now would be for someone to volunteer to be a host, Austin, San Antonio, or Houston. I'm not in a situation where I can, else I'd volunteer myself. Seems like it'd be fun to play host to fellow head fiers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back