Samsung's new IEM's
Jan 7, 2012 at 12:15 AM Post #2 of 10
Engadget said:
The most interesting, though, are certainly the asymmetrical EHS-63s which feature an in-ear bud for higher frequencies and an open-air speaker for low-end.

Anyway, I found the product page for the EHS63. Doesn't look like anything out of the ordinary, at least a first glance. Still, I'd be willing to try them if Samsung will send me a pair. :p

Apr 13, 2012 at 9:53 AM Post #3 of 10
I have the EHS63 and am testing them now --- so far they are not half bad.  Some issues with fit and comfort, and the cable microphonics are sub-par, but sound quality is pretty decent.  Haven't tested in the inline mic yet.  Will be writing up a full review in the next week or so.

Apr 13, 2012 at 11:27 AM Post #7 of 10
Don't underestimate Samsung. This batch of headphones from them might not be so great, however based on their great track record with other electronics items, I expect them to eventually be producing some great headphones. It might take them a while though to be a contender in the headphone field. Notice though how Samsung displaced Sony as the leading edge tv maker. This didn't happen overnight though, it took time.

Apr 14, 2012 at 11:35 AM Post #8 of 10

Quote:
I doubt they'll release good/decent earphones.

Quote:

Why?  Samsung is one of the largest consumer electronics companies in the world, and I can't even imagine what their yearly R&D budget is ... wouldn't be unexpected at all to me if they put out some quite decent IEMs.

Apr 14, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #10 of 10
They'll eventually get it, they're mp3 players sound great so why not there headphones. Give them a chance before you bury them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back