Samsung YPZ5AB(4gig) VS iRiver Clix(2gig)
Dec 7, 2006 at 11:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Technex

100+ Head-Fier
Hehe, I've got a hard choice to make. I love both of these players. I need some help making a choice.

I have a limit of around 110 pounds, as a Christmas present from my parents
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't have to many songs, so I think 2 gig would be fine. I want a nice screen and custom EQ, the iRiver has both of these. But the thing is the iRiver is damn hard to find/get here in the UK for a good price.

Also would they both be able to drive a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-a900s?

I just wanted to know what you pros thought about them, and which is best. (pros, cons).

Thank you.
600smile.gif

Dec 7, 2006 at 3:37 PM Post #2 of 18
Samsung makes a great sounding player. Thats if the Z5 sounds anything like the YP-U2.

I had the clix for about a week, returned it for a bigger player (ZVM 30GB). What i didnt like was that the clix uses a anti distortion feature. Now this does sound great, but i guess they rate the distortion with the crappy earbuds. I was using a nicer set of phones for it and found that if i used a custom EQ setting that it would just not get loud enough. Now if you turn on SRS WOW (which i hate) it would get decent volume, louder then before, but still not loud enough for me. I then bought a amp to push it and it sounded great.

My ZVM BLOWS it out the door....the custom eq is nice and volume is AWESOME. I would say i like the sound of the Samsung YP-U2 best and the ZVM comes in a close 2nd. The ZVM does for sure get louder without a amp then the clix.

Dec 7, 2006 at 5:38 PM Post #3 of 18
Thanks HighLife.

Humm, but I've been thinking about it lots. And after some research I've found out that my current Mp3 player, has a battery life of just 12 hours, and that's fine for me. So 25-24 for the Clix should be great! That's one of the things I was worried about..

Right so now I've decided. I need to know where to get it from :p. It's so hard to find in the UK for a good price. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Dec 8, 2006 at 8:35 AM Post #5 of 18
In America the Clix sells for around $159 but when converted this is only 81 pounds Dead on....

So why should I pay this much more + shipping just to get it in the UK?....

Why is there no where good in the UK.. *sigh*.

Dec 8, 2006 at 3:50 PM Post #6 of 18
you could import from the misticiriver.net

well they can sell at different prices so they do... thats the luvely thing with companies like Apple who have world wide warranty on their ipods

Dec 8, 2006 at 4:21 PM Post #9 of 18
Yeah I know. It's one of those stupid sites. I just googled it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyway, it works out a good price.

What are the differences between the 2 gig and the 4 gig one, other than size?

Is one faster e.g?

Dec 8, 2006 at 4:30 PM Post #10 of 18
Yep, most MP3 players tend to be expensive in the UK in comparrison to the US. I travel between the two fairly frequently. You can get the 4GB clix here www.overclockers.co.uk for £145, that's about as cheap as it'll get I guess.

As far as differences, the 4GB's casing is entirely black. That's about it I *think*.

Dec 8, 2006 at 4:32 PM Post #11 of 18
Ohh, that's pretty good. Not as good as the US though...

Humm. So U.S it is. Is there any other differences though? Because if everyone is sure that's it, and the colour then I might as well just get 2 gig. A 2 gig should be able to hold at least 60 max quality songs, right?

Dec 8, 2006 at 5:16 PM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by MartinJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If "high quality" is 320kbps mp3s then yes by a good margin

That's great news. Fine for me. I did mean that. Thanks.

Humm, so any differences? No ones said to much about that.. Thanks though for any help.

Dec 8, 2006 at 5:35 PM Post #15 of 18
Okay then. I suppose 4 gig would be better, but I don't really have the ammount of songs/money + shipping.

So the 2 gig one plus shipping is £98.78 isn't to bad then. But what happens if it breaks
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back