Samsung YP-P3 8GB VS Sansa Clip 4GB
Jul 5, 2009 at 10:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Technex

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,

Sorry for another "VS" question but I have just been recommended the Samsung YP-P3 from a member of these forums.

I was going to go with a Sansa Clip 4GB but want to know some more about both of these.

What are the differences in sound quality?

£50 for the Sansa Clip 4GB.
£100 for the Samsung YP-P3 8GB.

Using them with a Audio Technica A900.

Thanks very much guys and girls!

Laurence

Jul 5, 2009 at 10:43 PM Post #2 of 5
Both sounded excellent to me, although I've got more experience with the Clip. They are very different beasts though; a small, simple, extremely portable player vs a larger touch screen bells and whistles player. You really need to decide what type of user interface and form factor you want; that's far more of a difference than the audio quality.

Jul 5, 2009 at 10:49 PM Post #3 of 5
That price seems very high for the clip. They could be much different in the UK but you can buy the 8GB version in the US for like.. $80. The 4GB is also around $40-50 here.

I haven't used the clip except for testing it with my W3's. I liked the sound but the browsing was not fun and I've heard they are not the best for powering full sized cans which the A900's are? Or are those the clipons? I'm too lazy to look at the moment, but if you're using full sized, even if they're relatively easy to power I'm thinking the Samsung might be a better option.

Hopefully someone who has a similar setup can comment on how well the clip would power those.

Jul 5, 2009 at 10:56 PM Post #4 of 5
Yeah, that was something that put me off the Clip, how cheap it is in the USA, don't see why we should have to pay more for the same!

Size doesn't matter, I prefer bigger I suppose (doesn't keep falling on ground lol) I was surprised that the little Clip is meant to have such good SQ.

I do not like the built in speakers on the Samsung, one thing I really dislike from what I have read/seen about it so far.

The A900's are closed full size headphones, although apparently they don't need much driving power (don't need amps)

So far it seems as if the Samsung would be the better buy, but still not sure, I would love to hear more comments.

Thank you very much so far.

Jul 6, 2009 at 10:12 AM Post #5 of 5
Ordered the Samsung P3 from Argos
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back