Samsung YP-P2 2nd Bluewave Upon us! Adds games, improves touch system, better than b4!! Video inside
Dec 26, 2007 at 8:16 AM Post #16 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockin_amigo14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
several bluetooth phones are available from verizon wireless for free after the two-year contract if you buy online. brand new 8gb P2 = $249.

granted, there's no really good wifi in there.

Have you ever tried watching movies on those phones? Browse the internet? Use those phones as a bluetooth device to connect to the internet via?? I think you're missing the point.

By buying iPhone you will save tons of money because it offers a huge amount of functionality. For people who actually are interested in a functional device iPhone is a financial godsend. It has everything and it works well for it's price.

Dec 26, 2007 at 11:15 AM Post #17 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by Walie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what if you already have a phone?

besides, this thread isn't about how better the iphone is compared to the universe. i myself am interested in how well the p2 integrates with your cell phone, does it act just like a bluetooth headset?

Exactly, LOL. How can somebody in this thread be talking about costly players and not have a standard cell phone w/ bluetooth?

Anyway, yes, its pretty much like a headset. You can either receive calls or dial out with the keypad and you can send all your contacts to the P2 so you never have to use your phone again as long as its on and paired via Bluetooth.

Dec 26, 2007 at 12:22 PM Post #19 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by sigsegv0x0B /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you ever tried watching movies on those phones? Browse the internet? Use those phones as a bluetooth device to connect to the internet via?? I think you're missing the point.

By buying iPhone you will save tons of money because it offers a huge amount of functionality. For people who actually are interested in a functional device iPhone is a financial godsend. It has everything and it works well for it's price.

There are other phones out there then just the iPhone. I've got a SE P1i now that can browse the net with its built in wi-fi, watch videos on there, etc etc. I've paired it with the P2, now my phone can be in my pocket or whatever and I can take calls and make calls from the mp3 player. Most phones have bluetooth these days! With the P2 i can lsiten to my music, watch videos in 16:9 aspect, make/recieve calls via bluetooth function! With much better sound and video quality than the iPhone! This is just the beginning for the P2....

Dec 27, 2007 at 7:30 AM Post #21 of 124
yes, it has, im more worried about the drop in battery life becuase the device and your phone is running with bluetooth on,

btw, the iphone might be cute, and might be stylish, but the P2 rapes it in sound quality,

Dec 27, 2007 at 7:43 AM Post #22 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes, it has, im more worried about the drop in battery life becuase the device and your phone is running with bluetooth on,

btw, the iphone might be cute, and might be stylish, but the P2 rapes it in sound quality,

And when you say something like that you of course have an RMAA test to back that up? Or just pulling quotes out of?....?

Dec 27, 2007 at 11:53 AM Post #23 of 124
Quote:

And when you say something like that you of course have an RMAA test to back that up? Or just pulling quotes out of?....?

I've listened to both the iTouch and P2 side by side, same file, same headphones both on Flat settings and the P2 sounds better and is louder. iTouch doesn't sound bad at all, if only Apple added Customizable EQs to their products!!!

Dec 27, 2007 at 8:21 PM Post #24 of 124
Quote:

Or you can buy an iPhone and get a better device then YP-P2 with better phone functionality.. much better everything really. And save money! Phone + YP-P2 = PITA. iPhone = functionality and convenience!

or we could stick to the topic and create a new one about the benefits of an iphone vs p2

Dec 28, 2007 at 2:37 AM Post #25 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by p2A810wner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've listened to both the iTouch and P2 side by side, same file, same headphones both on Flat settings and the P2 sounds better and is louder. iTouch doesn't sound bad at all, if only Apple added Customizable EQs to their products!!!

You just automatically disqualified your listening test! Because you didn't volume match. Read how to properly A/B test before comparing MP3 players.

Dec 28, 2007 at 2:39 AM Post #26 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by lessblue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
or we could stick to the topic and create a new one about the benefits of an iphone vs p2

Sorry, you are correct. But I do get upset when people start comparing the YP-P2 to iPod touch. For some reason they're of opinion that the 2 devices have similar capabilities. While sound quality is subjective the capabilities of these devices is not. YP-P2 is fairly limited in what it can do vs iPod Touch that is far more capable then the YP-P2 in what functionality it can offer.

Dec 28, 2007 at 6:01 AM Post #27 of 124
Quote:

Sorry, you are correct. But I do get upset when people start comparing the YP-P2 to iPod touch. For some reason they're of opinion that the 2 devices have similar capabilities. While sound quality is subjective the capabilities of these devices is not. YP-P2 is fairly limited in what it can do vs iPod Touch that is far more capable then the YP-P2 in what functionality it can offer.

please find one example of that happening in this thread before you stepped in with your propaganda.

Staying on topic, is there any info on the second and third firmware updates for the P2?

Dec 28, 2007 at 2:10 PM Post #28 of 124
Quote:

Apple Fanboyism

Do you really have to troll every P2 thread?
rolleyes.gif

The P2 sounds a lot better than the touch does hands down. TBQFH the touch's SQ is pants.

Dec 28, 2007 at 3:48 PM Post #29 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phnom_Penh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you really have to troll every P2 thread?
rolleyes.gif

The P2 sounds a lot better than the touch does hands down. TBQFH the touch's SQ is pants.

And again, you're saying this because?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back