Samsung YH-920
Jun 7, 2004 at 4:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

PouncePony

100+ Head-Fier
Does anyone have info on when the Samsung YH-920 will hit the market? And any clue on sound and firmware quality?

It has a great feature list and small size.

J&R Link

Also, the J&R link lists a 30GB hard drive. I've seen this in a few places, but most sites list a 20GB hard drive - which makes sense (YH-920 ).

Thanks,

Pony

Jun 8, 2004 at 2:35 PM Post #2 of 7
no idea when exactley but Samsung has been very slow in the past. Thier orignal player YP-900 was supposed to be coming out SOON for more than a year before they dropped it and introduced the YP-910GS which just about every agrees is pretty sucky. Samsung makes good electrnonics otherwise but thier DAPs have been very dissapointing.

Aug 31, 2004 at 2:34 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Krishna
Stay away from Samsung Mp3 Harddrive players. Firmware sucks and Napster sucks.

I believe you on Napster.....bu I feel the same way about any music with drm, including itunes....just because it has the napster logo doesn't mean anything though. Does this one even have a Napster logo?

Why does the firmware on this model suck?

Aug 31, 2004 at 2:43 AM Post #6 of 7
Yes it has the Napster logo. The problem, both with the player and Napster, is not really that they suck, which they do, it is the fact that they are so damn simplistic. For example there is no Genre listing in the Database. Only Artists, Tracks and Albums. Then it takes about an hour to send over 1gb of music over Usb 2.0 using Napster. Finally, they say that battery life for the player is 10hrs but I only get 4-6hrs. Oh and napster doesn't even sync with the player, and yet you still have to install napster to allow the drivers to be installed so you can use the damn thing as a hard drive.
mad.gif

God I hate the Yp-910. The only good thing about the player is the sound quality, which is decent. It adds more bass, and warmth to most headphones.

P.S. The Fm reception is garbage, as is the Fm transmission.

Aug 31, 2004 at 6:40 AM Post #7 of 7
i saw the 920 at bestbuy yesterday.

much better than the 910 but still sucky for anyone with half a brain. gui is even more simplistic than iPods.

main controler is now a 4-way pad (left=back, up/down=scroll, right=select) and the play/pause/on/off and FF and RW buttons are on the right-hand side.

in-line recording is limited to 160kbit mp3 and you can adjust the recording level on-the-fly (like by levels 1 - 9, not by any dB measurement..).

has FM radio, radio recording

not many options in the setup

nothing really interesting here. why would anyone buy this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back